Alexander J. Covey, MD
Board Certified in Cosmetic Laser Surgery
Alexander J. Covey, M.D., surgical and medical director of East End Laser Care, has been practicing medicine and performing surgery since 1988. His long list of credentials and years of cumulative experience has earned him national recognition as an expert in the field of Cosmetic Laser Surgery.
Dr. Covey has been selected as one of America’s Top Doctor by U.S. News and World Report. Locally, Dr. Covey has been named, by the Castle Connolly Guide and The New York Times, as one of the “Top Doctors” in New York. His credentials include: Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery; the International Society of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons, the American College of physicians, the American Medical Meso-Lipo Society and the New York Medical Society. He is an attending physician at Peconic Bay Medical Center in Riverhead.
- Board Certified in Cosmetic Laser Surgery by the American Board of Laser Surgery
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Named as one of America’s Top Doctor by US News & World Report
- Named as one the Top Doctors in New York by the Castle Connolly Guide
- Named as one of the Top Doctors in New York by The New York Times
- Named as one of America’s Top Physicians by the Consumers’ Research Council of America
- Fellow, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Fellow, American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- International Society of Cosmetic Laser Surgeons
- New York State Medical Society
- Suffolk County Academy of Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Medical Meso-Lipo Society
Dr. Covey has a BA degree from Amherst College and a Doctor of Medicine degree from Chicago Medical School. He completed his residency and specialty training at Winthrop University Hospital in Mineola, NY.