GentleWaves® LED Photomodulation
GentleWaves is a novel technique for rejuvenating your skin. With low intensity light-emitting diodes, GentleWaves uses a carefully timed sequence of emissions to activate your skin’s natural rejuvenation process, without pain, side effects or downtime. It is extremely fast, lasting only a few minutes. The majority of patients have reported improvement after about eight treatments.
Ideal candidates for GentleWaves:
- Individuals who have been waiting for a gentle, pain-free skin fitness regime without side effects, downtime or a huge investment
- Individuals wanting to reduce the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Individuals desiring younger, radiant-looking skin
- Individuals wanting to enhance benefits of laser surgery, face lift and/or plastic surgery
- Individuals seeking to repair sun damage and improve the appearance of age spots
- Individuals wanting to improve the overall texture of their skin
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a GentleWaves treatment take?
The GentleWaves LED treatment takes less than one minute.
How many GentleWaves treatments do I need?
Depending on the desired results and the area being treated, we are recommending 8 to 10 treatments.
How often should I get GentleWaves treatments?
Since GentleWaves is non-thermal, you can be treated up to twice a week.
Will the GentleWaves treatments hurt?
No. Unlike lasers, GentleWaves is non-thermal and no pain is associated with the treatments.
When will I start seeing results?
GentleWaves treatments are progressive, and you will notice more correction with each treatment. Patients report noticeable changes after 5 to 7 treatments.
Can I combine GentleWaves with other skin care treatments?
Yes, GentleWaves can be administered alone or in conjunction with other treatments. Dr. Covey has found GentleWaves to be highly complementary with other skin care treatments such as Botox, dermal fillers and skin rejuvenating lasers.