Monthly Archives: February 2022
Have you been wearing out the treadmill? Eating only cantaloupe for months? And still, not looking the way that you want to?
Sometimes, no matter what we do, our bodies don’t budge. We feel bad and embarrassed and spend too much time trying to camouflage our trouble spots. But body contouring can help, drastically. It is currently among the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures, and it can give you the silhouette that diet and exercise have failed to provide.
We offer several options, the first of which is Exilis Ultra 360, the latest nonsurgical advancement in body shaping and among the most powerful fat reduction and skin tightening devices. Exilis Ultra 360 is an FDA-approved procedure that offers real results without surgery (or anesthesia and incisions) and without downtime. We have used Exilis Ultra 360 to tighten skin and decrease inches in many problem areas, including the neck/jowls, arms, bra strap area, abdomen, “love handles,” male chest, thighs, hips, buttocks and knees.
Exilis Ultra 360 gives us maximum power with total control. Now we can safely, quickly and effectively deliver the right amount of targeted energy in order to tighten, firm and tone loose and sagging skin and reshape and melt stubborn fatty deposits anywhere on your face and body. You’ll notice a smaller size and a decrease in cellulite, and the results get better with time.
So, keep exercising and eating healthfully, but don’t despair. Come talk with us about Exilis Ultra 360 and hear how we can help you look and feel your best.
See you soon.
When winter temperatures hit, we put on coats, scarves, hats and boots to keep our bodies warm. But it is just as, if not more important, to protect the delicate skin on your face.
Biting cold and wind can assault exposed skin, causing dryness, chafing and other more serious skin disorders, including frostbite. And, it happens quickly. So, before you venture out, even for a few minutes, moisturize with a broad-spectrum sunblock and apply a petroleum-based product to your lips. If your moisturizer is oil-based, choose an oil that is “non-clogging,” such as avocado, mineral, primrose or almond. Then, cover your face as best as you can with a scarf or hood. Also, don’t forget the sunglasses, which will protect your eyes from glare, freezing temperatures and wind.
To avoid the inflamed and itchy skin that happens all over your body during the winter months, you can take several preventative steps all season long, around the clock. Remember, the condition happens because of a lack of water, not oil, so the following tactics aim to prevent dehydration.
- If your facial skin is uncomfortably dry, avoid using harsh peels, masks, and alcohol-based toners or astringents, all of which can strip vital oil from your skin. Instead, find a cleansing milk or mild foaming cleanser, an alcohol-free toner and masks that are “deeply hydrating” rather than clay-based, which tend to draw moisture out of the face.
- Trap water from a shower or bath quickly by applying a water-in-oil cream moisturizer. If you have sensitive skin to begin with, use a cream moisturizer that does not contain lanolin or perfume, and don’t scrimp. More is better in this case, particularly on your hands, elbows and feet (these can contain petroleum or glycerin).
- Choose a shower instead of a bath; sitting in hot water will break down lipids and dry your skin.
- Limit your use of hot water and soap. Take short lukewarm showers, using non-detergent soaps and cleansers, and only as much as you need since they remove natural moisturizers from the skin. If you must bathe, keep the water as cool as possible.
- Keep your house temperature as low as you can (no higher than 78 degrees) and use a humidifier that returns moisture to the air.
- Overnight, use a thicker night cream on your face, a product formulated for the delicate skin under and over the eyes, and a lip balm.
As always, call my office to schedule a complimentary consultation to learn how we can help you look and feel your best.
See you soon.
This Valentine’s Day, you may be thinking about the people in your life whom you love. But don’t forget about you.
Being happy with ourselves is a struggle for many of us. For all sorts of reasons, we often have a hard time embracing our strengths, accepting our imperfections and knowing what to do to feel and be our best selves.
I often wonder how we fit into this landscape. We improve physical imperfections. Some might say that people should be content with what they look like, without the extra help that we offer. Over the years, we’ve found that this extra help, when you request it on your own, goes a long way to help you feel better about yourselves. And we are happy about making you happy.
So, this Valentine’s Day, take some time for yourself. If we can help you do that, let us know.
If you’d like to talk with us about how we can help you feel and look your most happy, call our office for a complimentary consultation. We’ll help you determine what is best for you.
Meantime, Happy Valentine’s Day, and see you soon.
Touted as the first nonsurgical facelift and one of the most popular anti-aging treatments in use today, the Thermage CPT thermal lift will actually transform skin all over your body. It will tighten loose skin on the eyelids, under-eye areas, abdomen, arms, legs and even your sagging buttocks. One of the most effective lift treatments for a multitude of concerns, it yields long-lasting dramatic results without incisions and recuperation.
Known as the go-to treatment for eyelid rejuvenation, Thermage CPT reduces “hooding,” improves texture, and tones and softens fine lines and crow’s feet. This treatment is a safe, effective and unique option for the delicate eye area, and is also used to redefine facial contour and reduce excess wrinkling and sagging of skin on the hands.
While you’ll see initial results within a few weeks, long-term tightening, smoothing and improved tone and texture occur over time. Studies show that the results can last from several months to several years, depending upon the individual aging process.
So, there is no time like the present, particularly when it comes to Thermage CPT. Call my office today to schedule a complimentary consultation and learn more about how to stay ahead and stay beautiful.
See you soon.