The Pre-Lipo Quiz
I hear from a lot of you who are considering body sculpting treatments that losing weight is difficult, no matter what strategies you try. Often, you’ll tell me that you exercise routinely and watch your calories but still can’t drop even five extra pounds. For those of you are experiencing a metabolism that is slowing down with age or decline in hormones, losing pounds is especially hard, most notably for women, who store more fat than men do.
If you’re thinking about body contouring, here are a few good questions to ask yourself as you decide. Count how many you can answer with a “yes.”
- Do you watch your portion size, eating small amounts more frequently?
- Do you make sure to eat breakfast?
- Do you graze instead of eating three large meals a day?
- Do you avoid eating late at night?
- Do you avoid refined grains such as white bread and crackers?
- Do you avoid hidden sugars and fats?
- Do you avoid processed foods that contain MSG, sodium nitrate and other risky food additives?
- Do you include weight training with your cardio workouts?
- Do you do resistance exercises to build muscle?
- Do you mix up the types of workouts that you do?
- Are you sleeping from 6 to 8 hours a day?
If you’ve answered “yes” to all or most of these questions, you are doing everything right. But if you still are having trouble losing weight, and you do not have an underlying medical condition that is causing the weight retention, you could be a good candidate for SmartLipo, a body sculpting procedure.
Call our office to set up a complimentary consultation. We’ll talk with you about your personal experience and offer ways in which we can help. Meantime, keep up the good work, and we’ll see you soon.