Monthly Archives: July 2014
Rejuvenating the eye area is one of the most effective ways to bring back a youthful appearance to the whole face. When I search online for the top concerns you have about the aging appearance of your eyes, I see a lot of the same questions I get in my office. Rest assured that you’re not alone in your desire for your eyes to look bigger, brighter, and youthful. Having smooth, alert, and cheerful eyes will boost your confidence. This reflects positively in your career and personal life. So here are some answers to a few of the most asked questions about getting fabulous eyes:
- How can I lift my drooping brows & eyelids without surgery, like a facelift? THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFT to the rescue! It is the best non surgical face lift that can correct droopy brows and eyelids. It is FDA approved and has been used thousands of times successfully. THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFT empowers the body to rejuvenate itself by creating more collagen that can have the lasting effects of smoother, tighter skin for years.
- What can I do to get rid of under eye puffiness or sunkeness? Besides getting a good night’s rest and staying hydrated, there are a couple of methods we can use depending on your unique situation. THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFTwill also help reduce the appearance of puffiness under the eyes and the hollow tear troughs by lifting and firming the skin. RESTYLANE, JUVEDERM, and BELOTERO are all dermal fillers that use natural injectable hylauronic acid to instantly plump and smooth under eye hollows.
- How can I lessen the appearance of crow’s feet and other wrinkles around my eyes? Laugh lines are better than frown lines, but no lines are best of all. Tell those wrinkles to “relax” with BOTOX or DYSPORT. They are both FDA approved botulinum injections that can be a great choice for those stubborn, deep set wrinkles. BOTOX or DYSPORT smooth out the lines by blocking nerve impulses to the muscles that cause the creases. You can have visibly more youthful eyes in as early as a week.
- Is there a cosmetic procedure to treat dark circles under my eyes? While there isn’t a cosmetic “concealer” treatment to replace your makeup, there are non-invasive treatments that can reduce the causes that make the dark circles more apparent. These dark circles are usually accentuated by the shadows from space between the bulge or ‘puffiness’ that can occur immediately under the lower eyelid and the under eye hollows coming from the tear trough. By addressing both the bulge and the hollow tear troughs, there will be less of an appearance of dark circles. THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFT will lift the eye area and help reduce the distension and then hylauronic acid fillers RESTYLANE, JUVEDERM, and BELOTERO will instantly restore fullness and smoothness to sunken or hollow tear troughs.
With all the attention to the eyes throughout July, I hope you can now feel completely confident knowing that I have many options to help your eyes look big, bright, and youthful. Visit www.DrCovey.com or call to make your appointment for fabulous eyes today!
If I could only treat one area of the face, for most people it would be the eye area. This is because the eyes are the focal point of the face and this area is also the first to show signs of aging. The skin around the eyes is actually 10 times thinner than the rest of the face. It is constantly in motion with daily smiling, laughing, frowning, squinting, and even simply blinking!
The delicate skin around the eyes also gets a daily stretching between being rubbed when sleepy or itchy, tugged to remove makeup, and pulled when inserting contact lenses. All this movement, along with the natural slowing of collagen production with age, causes the sagging, fine lines, and deep wrinkles.
I’m definitely a fan of laughing and enjoying life, so I’m not going to tell you to stop being expressive with your eyes (although it does take more muscles to frown than smile so frowning less is good for more than one reason). But besides caring more delicately for your eye area, there are some more ways to maintain and regain the ‘bright eyes’ of your youth.
We all know that what we put in our body can help or harm its ability to rejuvenate itself. Water plays a crucial role in maintaining the elasticity of skin, so drink up. But don’t drink alcohol often since it is very dehydrating.
Sunshine with Protection
The sun is great for elevating our mood and Vitamin D, but UV rays cause 90% of skin’s aging. I suggest always wearing a hat and sunscreen. Also, wearing sunglasses will prevent UV damage and will keep you from creating deeper crow’s feet from squinting.
Kick the Habit
If not for the proven health reasons, consider that smoking cigarettes containing nicotine will damage your body’s ability to produce collagen. Nicotine causes the blood vessels under the eyes and in the face to be constricted and unable to absorb nutrients. They’ll be unable to make collagen, which keeps skin firm, full, and young looking.
Everyday maintenance of your skin with a clinically proven skin care system or serum will help maintain any cosmetic treatments and other efforts to restore youthfulness. We offer some great options including our own personalized line of skin care products.
Preventative actions to slow the signs of aging eyes are crucial, but if you’re 30 years old or older you, more than likely already have some repairing to do. To enhance the youthful appearance of your eye area, I recommend a couple of cosmetic quick fixes that are ‘in and out’ procedures:
- “Relax” the muscles that are creating these crow’s feet and other wrinkles around the eyes with botulinum injections BOTOX or DYSPORT.
- Fill the sunken under eye troughs that hollow the eyes and cause the appearance of dark circles with hylauronic acid injections RESTYLANE, JUVEDERM, or BELOTERO.
- Lift the hooded eye lid or brow with THERMAGE CPT, the only ‘no down time’, non surgical face lift.
Follow these tips for going easy on your eyes and you’ll be happy with what you see!
Are you considering cosmetic procedures to restore the youthful appearance around your eyes? Here are some of the most common questions I get regarding the non surgical treatments that I offer to rejuvenate the eye area:
What ‘in and out’ procedures do you have for the eye area? I offer many outpatient treatment options that can be accomplished in less than an hour. BOTOX and DYSPORT are botulinum injections that cause the muscles to “relax”, which creates a smooth effect that is perfect for most cases of crow’s feet. THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFT is the very popular non surgical face lift that corrects droopy brows and eyelids. It also smoothes and softens fine lines, crow’s feet, and puffiness under the eyes. RESTYLANE, JUVEDERM, and BELOTERO aredermal fillersthat instantly restore fullness and smoothness to sunken or hollow tear troughs.
Is it possible to see good results without major surgery? Yes! I am very pleased to offer a large selection of effective treatments that do not require the scalpel. The injectables use a small amount of liquid in a very fine needle to smooth and fill fine lines. And I proudly offer the THERMAGE CPT procedure, which uses patented radio frequency technology to heat and cool the skin simultaneously to result in visible tightening and lifting of skin.
How quickly will I see results? Results are visible within a few days to a few weeks, depending on the treatment. For example, DYSPORT is great for smoothing out crow’s feetand takes effect in 1 to 2 days. BOTOX can restore eye’s youthful appearance by “relaxing” the muscles that cause crow’s feet within 3 to 10 days. THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFT stimulates collagen production for visible eye lifting results revealed within a few weeks. The fillers RESTYLANE, JUVEDERM, and BELOTERO provide instant age defying effects!
How long will results last? Hylauronic acid fillers that can plump up hollow tear troughs will last 6 months or longer. We’ve also noticed that having a “touch up” treatment before the hylauronic acid fully dissipates will help the results to last longer. Eye rejuvination from botulinum injections will last a fewmonths, as well. THERMAGE CPT can tighten, smooth and lift for up to several years, depending upon the individual aging process.
How do I know which treatment is best for me? While some injectables accomplish the same task, such as BOTOX and DYSPORT, there are subtle differences that make one or the other a better choice for each individual. I am happy to help my patients to decide on the best treatment options for their unique needs. I offer the safest, most advanced options in non surgical rejuvenation technology to choose from.
Visit www.DrCovey.com or call to let me help you find the optimal procedure for enhancing the beauty and youth of your eyes today. Afterwards, we won’t be able to take our eyes off your eyes!
It is said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but our topic today is the beauty of the eyes of the beholden. Studies show that the eyes are the foremost feature that is noticed in most faces. The leading ladies of Hollywood and even your friends on social media are showing off their youthful, bright, sparkling eyes in close up photos, don’t you think it’s time to start your own ‘all eyes on my eyes’ campaign? Here’s the list of the top procedures that are quick fixes to the most common concerns with the eye area:
- BOTOX is a botulinum injection that causes the muscles to “relax”, which creates a smooth effect that is perfect for most cases of crow’s feet. A very small amount of Botox toxin is precisely injected into the specific muscles with very minimal discomfort. FDA approved as safe for over 15 years, Botox’s youth restoring effects are visible within 3 to 10 days and last a few months.
- DYSPORT is very similar to Botox since it is a FDA approved injectable form of botulinum toxin Type A. It is great for smoothing out fine lines, such as crow’s feet. Dysport is simply a competitor to Botox that may be a better fit for some patients because it may last longer in some people and may be more affordable. It also works faster since it takes effect in 1 to 2 days.
- THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFT is the non surgical face lift that is very popular to correct droopy brows and eyelids. This FDA approved procedure also smoothes and softens fine lines, crow’s feet, andpuffiness under the eyes. Results aren’t instant, but correct at the source, by empowering the body to create more collagen, which tightens and smoothes the skin for up to several years, depending upon the individual aging process.
- RESTYLANE is adermal filler that instantly restores fullness and smoothness to sunken or hollow tear troughs. This long lasting, natural injectable restores that energetic, bright look to hollow or dark under eyes, using hylauronic acid, which is a safe, natural substance that our bodies produce less of as we age. It is non animal based, therefore requires no allergy testing and also lasts twice as long as bovine collagen injections.
- JUVEDERM is the most advanced ‘hylauronic acid’ injectable available today for filling creases and hollows, such as under eye sunkeness. Clinical testing shows that the treatment may involve less discomfort that other injectables.
- BELOTERO also uses hyaluronic acid (HA) to fill fine lines, crow’s feet, and sunken under eyes to restore youthful appearance of the eye area. This FDA approved injectable provides instant results that are subtle and natural in appearance.
Visit www.DrCovey.com or call to let me help you find the best treatment to restore your eye’s youthful radiance. Afterwards, you’ll be so happy, you won’t believe your eyes!
A great first impression in the business world starts with a firm handshake and looking right into the eyes of your counterpart. The eyes can speak to your sincerity, confidence, and conviction, but you don’t want them to communicate that you’re tired, old or weary. This is why many men are turning to cosmetic procedures to help give them that extra edge. And these procedures have to be subtle, “in and out” with no recovery time, so that they can get right back into the action. Men have some unique issues with their skin, and some universal ones. Here are some of the most common concerns and fixes for a man’s eye area:
1. DROOPY BROWS & EYELIDS could mistakenly communicate a gruff, angry, tired or sour disposition rather than the energetic, healthy look you want. This loss of the natural eyebrow arch can be caused by excessive brow movement and issues with the levator muscle. BOTOX (aka “BROTOX” as the men whimsically call it) DYSPORT or THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFT can bring up the eyebrows to their natural, youthful position.
2. CROW’S FEET are the fine lines that start at the outer corner of the eyes and fan out, which gives a squinty, aged look to any eye. These are caused by repetitive muscle activity, but we can restore a smooth, youthful appearance by using BOTOX or DYSPORT.
3. UNDER EYE BULGES caused by fat redistributing from the eye socket to underneath the lower eyelid is a tell tale sign of aging. THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFT may be used to correct this puffiness under the eyes.
4. SUNKEN OR HOLLOW TEAR TROUGHS can give eyes an unhealthy sallow look. They start in the tear ducts on either side of the nose, just below the bridge of the nose and lower eyelid, and can extend as far downward as the cheek. We restore the eye’s vitality with RESTYLANE, JUVEDERM or BELOTERO.
5. DARK CIRCLES say ‘I’m tired and worn out’, which isn’t the message you want to send to your clients, coworkers or boss. With RESTYLANE, JUVEDERM, PERLANE or BELOTERO, we can diminish the appearance of dark circles that are caused by the shadows from space between the bulge or ‘puffiness’ that can occur immediately under the lower eyelid and the under eye hollows coming from the tear trough.
In summary, the best options for men desiring fast results with no down time include hyaluronic acid fillers like RESTYLANE or JUVEDERM to replace sagging and hollowing with a firmer young looking fullness, and BOTOX or DYSPORT to smooth out lines and wrinkles. The injectables mentioned above are very effective for quickly presenting a younger, healthier, energetic appearance of the eyes. With only minor discomfort, bruising, swelling or redness that most men wouldn’t blink an eye at, more youthful eyes can be restored within the time frame of a lunch break. In about a 15 minute treatment time by Dr. Covey, most people are on their way to a productive day.