The Happiness Factor
As a doctor, I think about you–my patients–all the time. I think about your health, your general well-being and what I can do to improve both of these aspects of your lives. This past week, as I’ve watched you come into the office looking and feeling one way and leave looking and feeling another, I’ve been thinking a lot about your happiness.
It has always been important to us to make sure that you are pleased with our treatments. It’s critical for us that this extends beyond the actual procedures and into your every day life, and I think that it does. Our goal is for you to live your life in a happier and more confident way, and we are so thrilled that we see this even as you walk out the door.
Contentment with one’s physical self, we know, translates into contentment with a whole lot more. When you believe that you look good, your walk changes. Your posture improves. You wear different clothes, different makeup. You get a new haircut. You smile more, you engage other people more. You are optimistic and, simply, happy.
This coming week, as you visit us in our offices, think about the emotional shift that is about to happen. Your face and body will look their most beautiful and equally exciting, so will your outlook.
See you soon.
Stay Beautiful While You Travel
Many of you have planned vacations for the upcoming holiday season. If you’re about to travel by plane, remember that our bodies don’t always respond so well to being moved from place to place, high overhead. But, fear not. With a little preparation, you will look your best despite the altitude.
Here are a few beauty strategies that you can make part of your normal travel routine:
- Face: Cabin pressure causes skin to become dehydrated. The night before you fly, apply extra rich, extra thick moisturizer that will prime your face for the plane’s dry air. And, do yourself a favor and skip the foundation on the day of travel. Sometimes, foundation can exacerbate dryness, so use a rich moisturizer only as you normally do in the morning and then again before you board.
- Cheeks: It’s best to avoid makeup when you fly, but if you must…boost your complexion with a shimmer powder or cream applied lightly to the tops of your cheeks and bridge of your nose. Also, a cream blush and lip balm will add color without drying.
- Lips: Layer with a lip stain, apply a few coats and then finish with gloss. Or, use an extra creamy lipstick. If you don’t use color, use medicated lip balms throughout the trip, instead. More is better, in this case. Stay away from cakey lipsticks or long-lasting formulations, since these can sometimes dry out the delicate skin on the lips. Remember to moisturize well before applying any product to your lips, particularly on the border between the lips and skin above and below them
- Eyes: Use a rich eye cream under your eyes and if you are skipping concealer, reapply during your flight, particularly if you will be sleeping.
- Body and hands: Again, it’s all about the moisture. Slather your body with your creamiest moisturizer before you dress, and do the same for your hands. Remember to reapply after you wash your hands.
- Hair: Cabin dryness will produce fly-aways and static and sometimes leave hair looking flat. During the trip, twist your tresses on top of your head and secure with a butterfly clip or fabric band. When you land, your hair will be full and full of natural waves, too. Take along a spritz bottle of water, turn your head upside down and spray at the roots to reignite products when you are on the ground. The upside—if you suffer from coarse hair, nothing is better than airplane air to fight the frizz.
Safe travels, and see you soon.
What Makes Someone Beautiful, Anyway?
The notion of attractiveness seems simple. When we see a person, we know immediately whether we think he or she is beautiful. We don’t really have to decide; our reaction is involuntary, and it is personal. You might think that a particular person is stunning, while your best friend might not.
Interestingly, studies over the years have shown that most people tend to agree, for the most part, on what constitutes a beautiful face, and that the reason they do relies more on brain science than on preference. Consider the ability of babies to recognize faces and prefer the ones that society deems pretty.
So, how we assess appearance might be more complex than simply liking large eyes better than small ones or full lips rather than thin ones. The brain has the capacity to recognize not only attractiveness, but also emotions, personality traits and fertility. The part of the brain that allows us to do this, the fusiform, is also responsible for our ability to recognize familiar faces. When it is damaged, we can’t recall whom we’ve just met, and we can’t distinguish between plain faces and beautiful ones. When we decide that someone is beautiful, we are really thinking that the person is healthy and vital, studies have shown. Smooth skin and symmetrical facial features, for instance, indicate to our brain that a person has good genetics and is not ill, both of which lead us to think that the person is attractive.
However our perception is formed, appearance–of others and ourselves–has a powerful effect on so many of our emotions.
Refresh Your Under Eyes with Fillers
When you look at yourself in the mirror do you see dark circles, deep hollows, and tired looking eyes? If the hustle and bustle of the holidays put extra stress on you and it’s showing, you can turn to one of the most underestimated areas of the face to restore some youthfulness to your features: the tear troughs.
What are tear troughs?
The tear trough is the area under the eye that extends from the inner corner of the eye, arching down in a semicircle. The technical term is the nasojugal groove. When the tear troughs are sunken, they can cast shadows under the eyes that looks like dark circles. This gives the face a worn out appearance. The sunkenness also ages the face by creating a visible separation from what should be the smooth transition from the lower eyelid to the cheek.
Why do tear troughs happen?
The skin under the eyes is very thin and delicate. It shows signs of distress more easily than thicker skin. It is also more prone to the aging effects of gravity. The tissue laxity and volume loss under the eyes as we age leads to the tear trough becoming more prominent. Also, as fat gets displaced from behind the eye, or possibly increases and bulges under the eye, this can accentuate the aging of the eye area.
How can the under eye be rejuvenated?
- getting more rest
- cutting down on salty foods
- minimizing your exposure environmental pollutants
- not rubbing your eyes so much
While these tips can prevent the tear troughs and under eye bags from getting worse, you can also reverse their appearance with hyaluronic acid fillers.
Rejuvenate Your Tear Troughs with HA Fillers
While there are surgical options to reversing tear troughs, more people prefer to try non invasive treatments first. This has led to the use of hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers, such as Restylane, Juvéderm or Belotero. When they are injected on top of the orbital bone, the HA attracts water to the area to restore volume. This gives the eyes a fresh, rested appearance by the next day after treatment. These results usually last 6 months to a year, and you can go right back to your daily routine with no downtime or recovery.
There may be minor bruising or swelling, which is common with most injections. This can easily be lessened with an ice pack, and covered by makeup
Subtle Solutions for Significant Youthfulness
Filling the tear trough area is becoming more and more popular. More patients are realizing that facial rejuvenation can happen from restoring volume loss in subtle areas such as the earlobes, temples, chin, melolabial folds and tear troughs. One can definitely see a more rested, fresh, and youthful appearance for the whole face by applying HA fillers to rejuvenate the area under the eyes.
Are you ready to look more refreshed and younger by getting your tear troughs filled? Visit www.DrCovey.com to schedule an appointment to see which filler is the best for you.
Filler for Laugh Line Rejuvenation
Last week I covered some areas of the face that show the signs of aging and are the least common to be addressed with cosmetic procedures. Fillers can be used on these areas, such as the earlobes, temples and chin, to give subtle yet significant rejuvenation for the entire face.
Fillers can also be used on some other areas that are moderately known, yet not widely realized that rejuvenating them can really help restore a youthful look to the entire face. The area that I’ll be covering this week is in the mid face: the melolabial folds (laugh lines). This is a very noticeable area of the face that can really benefit from fillers in many cases.
Over time, lines begin to develop at the edges of the nostrils and stretch down toward the mouth and below. These medium-to-deep facial creases are known as nasolabial folds, melolabial folds, mesolabial folds, laugh lines, smile lines or marionette lines. All of these terms have come to be interchangeable and this has sometimes caused confusion among my patients, but rest assured they are referring to the same area of the face. If not corrected, these lines can give a drastically aged appearance to the mid and lower face.
Causes of Melolabial Folds
The mesolabial folds are connected to deeper mid face tissues. They are some of the first visible signs of aging in the mid face as a result of the cheeks descending over time. Gravity along with the following causes help to create these creases:
- facial volume loss
- less elastic skin
- sun exposure
Lessen Those Laugh Lines with Fillers
Fortunately there is a solution for these laugh lines that may not require a face lift or other surgical procedure. Often, facial fillers can decrease the appearance of these folds with results lasting close to a year. Hyaluronic acid fillers like JUVEDERM and RESTYLANE plump up the area by attracting water. These are great for the milder creases.
Liquid Face Lift for Melolabial Lines
Depending on your unique situation, it may be better to treat these marionette lines by restoring volume loss in the cheeks to provide a mini face lift. Here’s why a liquid face lift with JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC can lessen those marionette lines:
- It contains the thickest, smooth flowing hyaluronic acid gel available today, which makes it ideal for midface rejuvenation.
- It is the first and only FDA approved filler for cheek augmentation, with results lasting up to 2 years.
- Restoring volume to the cheeks provides a gentle lift to the midface, which can also tighten the skin around the mouth and nose to minimize the appearance of laugh lines.
Now you know that with the help of fillers, you can laugh and be expressive without those melolabial lines to age your face. You can even give the gift of a smile without lasting lines. A gift certificate would make a great surprise for Christmas or Hanukkah.
For more information on how fillers can restore volume and youthfulness to your mid face, as well as how to give this as a gift to others, visit www.DrCovey.com
Dr. Alexander Covey
Subtle Facial Enhancements with Fillers
Everyone knows about using fillers to rejuvenate the lips, cheeks and creases around the mouth. These are very prominent and important areas to keep a youthful appearance, but fillers for more subtle places can make a big difference in your face, too. A little filler in some of the inconspicuous places, such as the earlobes, temples and chin can make a subtle change that can improve your overall appearance. This blog will touch on some of those less common places that fillers can be used to rejuvenate your face.
Earlobes are definitely not the first body part that comes to mind when most people are thinking of ways to restore their youthful appearance, but earlobes show the signs of aging just like the face and neck. Gravity and many years of wearing heavier earrings are the main aggravators of earlobe aging. It is important not to forget these little pieces of cartilage when getting treatments for your face. Thin, droopy, and even wrinkly earlobes look out of place when the face is smooth, full, and firm.
Fortunately earlobe support can be added with plumping from injectable fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane or Radiesse. Fillers can also help a stretched out earring hole appear smaller. With immediate results and no recovery time, you can enjoy your earrings and this subtle youthful enhancement right away.
The area on the outside of each eye between the top of the cheekbone and the brow bone is the region called the temple. The hollowing of the temples due to volume loss can contribute to a tired, weary appearance of the face and eyes. This is definitely one of those areas where a filler makes a subtle yet significant difference in highlighting the eyes and eliminating shadows for a rejuvenated face. Radiesse, Juvederm, Perlane and Restylane can all be options depending on your face, desired immediacy and duration of results you seek.
A well defined chin helps give the face its shape, adds balance to the other facial features, and helps define the jawline and neck. A liquid chin augmentation with the fillers like Juvederm, Perlane, Restylane and Radiesse, is an excellent way to optimize the contour that the chin adds to the face. It can also correct an underprojected chin that you were born with or that has lost volume with age.
This is a subtle change, but can visibly enhance the youthfulness of your overall appearance. In many cases, this procedure provides the added benefit of a slightly more tightened look to the neck.
Sometimes it doesn’t take a drastic change to restore a youthful appearance to the face and it’s nice when people notice an improvement, but can’t put their finger on what was done. If you’ve had other treatments and still feel like you need a little something more, come in for a consultation so we can decide if one of these subtle changes can make all the difference for you. For more information on how fillers can restore volume, smoothness, and contour to your earlobes, temples and chin, as well as the other major areas, visit www.DrCovey.com
Dr. Alexander Covey
GLOWING SKIN for the HOLIDAYS
Glowing Skin for the Holidays
Snow has already started to fall in some areas and with the colder temperatures of the fall and winter season, comes a variety of skin concerns. In addition to dryness, one of the top concerns I hear about is dull, rough skin. When skin has lost its radiance, it looks older.
Where Did the Glow Go?
The natural glow from skin mainly comes from a high cellular turnover that reveals fresh new skin. As we age cellular turnover slows down and dead skin builds up to cause rough texture and lackluster skin.
Getting the Glow Back
There are a variety of ways you can go about getting your glow back.
DIET… Being conscious of your eating habits during the holidays will not only help you keep off the weight, but it’ll help your skin too. Sugar and processed foods aren’t good for the body and also reflect poorly on the skin. Staying hydrated and even eating foods with high water content can help. Foods with healthy fats, such as avocados, as well as other vegetables and fruits that are high in beta carotene and vitamin A empower radiant skin.
LIFESTYLE… Alcohol, soda, and caffeine drinks like coffee have a dehydrating effect on the skin. Smoking deprives the skin of vital nutrients and oxygen. Minimizing these vices can give your skin a better chance for healthy cellular production that’ll reflect externally. Getting good rest is important for rejuvenating your whole body and allows skin to restore its natural balance. Getting your “beauty sleep” isn’t just an old wives’ tale.
LASERS… These treatments offer a non surgical option for effective skin rejuvenation. Powerful targeted treatments beam tiny columns of light into the deeper layers of skin of a specific area. Lasers are available in different strengths and types to solve a variety of problems and reverse the signs of aging:
- Resurface the skin to restore glow
- Reduce deep lines and scars
- Firm up skin
- Reduce or eliminate skin pigmentation
- Smooth out the skins’ surface and texture
Laser treatments offer flexibility tailored to your specific skin rejuvenation needs. If you’ve just recently noticed an increasing dull complexion or it’s been years since you’ve wanted to do something about it, there is a laser for you. We offer laser treatments from gentle to intense, all the while delivering visible results.
- more aggressive approach for significant levels of concern
- carbon dioxide laser beams
- removes old damaged tissue to stimulate collagen production
- Fractional Deep Dermal Ablative (FDAA)
- moderate recovery, yet is insignificant compared to surgery
- middle strength for moderate levels of concern
- erbium and thulium laser
- safe for all skin types
- very commonly used for pigmentation and texture
- optimal results typically achieved in a series of treatments
- may experience mild redness for a day or two, but no downtime
Clear + Brilliant
- most gentle laser ideal for beginners wanting to “ease in to lasers”
- done in a series of treatments with no downtime
- visibly illuminates your skin tone
- optimal results typically achieved in a series of treatments
- no downtime
Let’s talk about the best laser options for you to restore your skin’s radiance and get back that glow for the holidays! Visit www.DrCovey.com to learn more.
Men’s Skin Is Different
As the title of the famous book, Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus, points out – men and women are so different. These differences between men and women even apply to the characteristics of the skin, especially on the face. As an example, just look at a man’s ability to grow facial hair.
These differences mean that men and women have some unique skin needs through the years. Generally there are similarities in that we all lose collagen and need to protect ourselves from sun damage, but the facial skin differences are interesting and contribute to the tailored treatment for restoring a man’s facial health and vitality. In this week’s blog, I’ll cover some interesting characteristics of men’s skin and how to keep it looking younger longer.
- Thickness… A man’s skin is about 25 percent thicker than that of a woman’s. Their androgens, such as testosterone, are the cause of the increased thickness, although skin does gradually thin with age.
- Hydration… Male skin appears to be better hydrated than women’s. Sebum, the oily substance that lubricates skin, is produced in greater amounts in post pubescent males than in females. In addition to more sebum, the level of tissue hydration is possibly caused by excess sweating and production of lactic acid in the sweat. Men’s body temperature is higher and they sweat more than twice as much as women.
- Collagen Density… Men have a higher collagen density than women at all ages. The higher collagen density correlates to the thickness of their skin, and why women appear to age faster than men of the same age. Even though, both men and women lose about 1% of their collagen each year after their 30th birthday, men start off with higher levels so their signs of aging can be delayed.
Taking it for Granted
While men have many advantages with their skin, the majority don’t take care of the assets that they have been given genetically. Despite the higher levels of collagen, thickness, and moisture, men tend to not use sunscreen or skincare to preserve those benefits for longer lasting youthful skin. This is where I can help repair the visible effects of any damage.
Today’s Men Choose Cosmetic Enhancements to Rejuvenate Their Skin
Even though men’s skin seems more resilient, it still weathers with time and can benefit from anti aging treatments to revitalize it. When the marketplace requires mature men to maintain a competitive edge, they can’t afford to look tired and worn down. With strategic cosmetic treatments, men can maintain a rugged look while restoring a healthy, energized, yet relaxed look. Here’s how:
- Dysport or Botox aka “Brotox” – can help smooth out CROW’S FEET and FOREHEAD WRINKLES that could mistakenly communicate a gruff, angry, tired or sour disposition.
- Thermage CPT – can bring up DROOPY BROWS & EYELIDS and may be used to correct UNDER EYE BULGES to restore a lively vitality to the eyes.
- Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm or Radiesse – are perfect for filling in SMILE LINES and ACNE SCARS for a smooth, youthful, and rested appearance.
- Today’s Men…Baby Boomer’s, Gen Xer’s and Millennials…of all ages and stages in life are having “cosmetic enhancements” so they can restore a youthful, healthy appearance and look as great as they feel!
With little or no downtime, these in and out procedures can help men capitalize on the natural differences in their skin to restore a healthy confidence to their look. Visit www.DrCovey.com to learn more.
No More Hollow Cheeks
This week is Halloween and many people will be dressing in costumes of all kinds. Some of the most popular are witches and skeletons. You know what I’ve noticed in the face makeup? That they put dark circles around the eyes and under the cheek bones to hollow them out. Unfortunately, this is already naturally occurring for many people, though much more subtly, and without the need for costume makeup; it’s called volume loss. Over time, the face loses its fullness, and instead appears sunken, hollow, and sagging. Let’s learn how to say goodbye to hollow cheeks on Halloween, and say hello to a full, youthful glow.
Why does “hollow” happen?
- One of the main causes of volume loss is the damage that ultraviolet rays do to the cells that create the collagen, which is a protein that is crucial to keeping skin full, firm, and youthful.
- Also, as we age, we lose fat in the face. Fat usually isn’t thought of as our friend, but actually it is necessary for keeping the “cushion” in your face. Fat is important for youthful contouring around eyes, cheeks, and chin/jawline.
- Up and down weight loss stretches the ligaments that hold up the facial tissue and can result in loss of elasticity and volume.
- Hormonal changes in women also affect the facial volume. As estrogen levels decline, so does the amount and quality of the fat in the face.
Fixing Volume Loss With Fillers
A great way to restore the fullness to your face is with Hyaluronic Acid (HA) fillers. HA is a naturally occurring substance in the body that binds with water in the injected site to plump up the area. It is great for filling in sunken facial areas experiencing volume loss, as well as wrinkles. Realize though, that all fillers aren’t the same in their viscosity and smoothness, and therefore some work better when injected in different areas of the face.
Here are the 4 main “problem areas” of facial volume loss and what fillers could be the solution.
- Eye area problem: Drooping eyebrows, sagging under eyes and hollow temples all cause a worn down, aged eye area. Solution: RESTYLANE, PERLANE, JUVEDERM, and BELOTERO can all help fill in sunken tear troughs, crow’s feet, and hollowed temples.
- Midface problem: This is one of the first areas where volume loss is noticed. This shows up as flattened, hollow cheeks, or smile lines. Solution: JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC is the thickest hyaluronic acid filler available today, which makes it the most effective for the deeper injections required to effectively contour the midface. By restoring fullness to the midface the surrounding skin is tightened, giving a slight mini facelift.
- Mouth area & lip problem: Marionette lines, lip creases, and overall thinning of lips resulting from volume loss. Solution: JUVEDERM, RESTYLANE, PERLANE, and BELOTERO can smooth out lines and give you the perfect pout.
- Chin & jawline problem: When volume drops from the middle of the face and moves downward, the jowls become more prominent. This could create a more square shaped face rather than inverted triangle. Solution: RADIESSE, though not a Hyaluronic Acid filler, can help reshape and restore volume to the chin and jawline.
So say goodbye to sunken hollow faces with the witches and skeletons of Halloween, and say hello to your new contoured face with Hyaluronic Acid (HA) fillers. Visit www.DrCovey.com to find out how I can help you.
Fillers & Laser Resurfacing VS. Surgery
One of the most common questions I get is whether the non surgical options, such as fillers and lasers, really can offer visible, lasting results, or if cosmetic surgery is inevitable. To answer, it is important to at least have a general understanding of the main modalities of facial rejuvenation. Many factors play into whether someone can get very good results with lasers and fillers, and not need to resort to surgery. It is a topic I’ll discuss further in this week’s blog.
No Discomfort and Down Time
I couldn’t start without addressing the reasons to even consider fillers and lasers before surgery, of which there are many. Many people don’t want to go through the pain and time that it takes to recover from cosmetic surgery. Fillers and most lasers are in and out treatments with minor to no discomfort. Any side effects such as mild redness, tenderness or swelling diminish quickly and can be covered with mineral makeup so that there really isn’t any down time.
Result times from surgery can vary based on the kinds of surgery and its necessary recovery time, but most certainly it’s in the weeks to months time frame rather than days. Fillers, such as Juvederm and Juvederm Voluma XC, provide instant results that can last a year or 2. The rejuvenating changes from laser treatments are immediately visible, but increase over a few weeks, as the body is stimulated to produce more collagen. Lasers, such as Fraxel DUAL and Fraxel RePair actually empower skin to act younger again.
What Lasers and Fillers Can Do
Lasers and fillers are a great option when skin still has some elasticity, but needs help with firmness and wrinkles. You’d be amazed that you can look 10 years younger without drastic measures. Lasers stimulate collagen production, which produces a tightening effect on the skin. They also improve skin tone, smoothness, and correct pigmentation problems. As long as there’s still some skin elasticity, a successful alternative to an eye lift is the Fraxel RePair laser to lift and tighten sagging eyelids.
Fillers can be used in a variety of ways to improve wrinkles and restore volume to the face. A cheek augmentation with Juvederm Voluma XC creates a mini face lift. By adding volume to the cheeks, it can tighten the skin around the mouth and nose to decrease marionette and smile lines.
When Surgery is Necessary
As skin gets to the point where it doesn’t have elasticity and is literally hanging, it is time to consult a surgeon. Fortunately, with a great maintenance plan of skin care, Botox, fillers and lasers, your skin can stay younger looking for much longer.
Visit www.DrCovey.com to find out about all the alternatives to surgery with the youth restoring laser and filler treatments available.
Most Common Skin Fixes with Fraxel
Last week I introduced the amazing Fraxel lasers, and now we will go more in depth on what results you can get from them. To review, you learned that Fraxel Repair is the strongest of the lasers, Fraxel DUAL is the medium level laser and Clear + Brilliant is the most gentle. Fraxel lasers have so many capabilities and can be used for a wide variety of skin conditions. Let’s explore the most common skin conditions Fraxel lasers can treat to restore a youthful appearance to your skin without surgery.
The unwanted yet unavoidable sign of aging are those creeping skin creases called wrinkles. Most noticeable on the face, neck, chest and hands, wrinkles are caused by a few factors. Combined with years of expression, muscle movement, and skin drying factors, as we age, the skin’s collagen and elastin break down faster than the body can repair and rebuild them. This causes the wrinkles, furrows, and fine lines.
Fortunately, Fraxel lasers actually stimulate collagen to be rebuilt. You don’t have to freeze your expressions like smiling, laughing, to lessen their appearance. Now with Fraxel, you can stimulate your skin to act younger and tighten back up to where those creases aren’t as noticeable.
Age & Sun Spots
Your body reacts to the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays by producing a pigment called melanin to try to protect itself. We commonly call this pigmentation, age spots or sun spots, although they are due more to sunning than aging. This pigmentation is cumulative and tends to show up more and more as we age.
These flat, brown patches give a blotchy, aged look to the face, neck, chest, arms, and hands. Though usually harmless, these blotchy brownish patches can make you look and feel older than you really are. I have seen spectacular results with Fraxel lasers lightening these dark spots so that the skin looks clear, bright and even toned.
Skin’s texture, color, brightness, and tightness fades as we age. This is caused prdominantly by sun exposure, air pollution, stress, fatigue and lifestyle factors such as smoking, poor diet, and dehydration. Instead of resurfacing the skin topically through peels and microdermabrasion, Fraxel laser treatments have been cleared by the FDA to safely, gently and effectively resurface your skin from the inside out. Some of the Fraxel laser treatments can have even less downtime than a deep chemical peel, so that means smoother, brighter skin without missing a beat.
Acne and Surgical Scars
These indented or raised marks that usually are discolored can really put a damper on anyone’s confidence in their appearance. No one wants to remember their awkward high school years with acne scars, and adult acne is more common than you think. Fortunately, Fraxel lasers can significantly improve the skin coloration, as well as smooth out the sometimes wavy appearance that scars leave on the face and other areas of the body
Do you have any of these common skin conditions? Visit www.DrCovey.com or call us to discuss which level of Fraxel laser would be right for you.
Top 4 Fixes for Fabulous Eyes
Rejuvenating the eye area is one of the most effective ways to bring back a youthful appearance to the whole face. When I search online for the top concerns you have about the aging appearance of your eyes, I see a lot of the same questions I get in my office. Rest assured that you’re not alone in your desire for your eyes to look bigger, brighter, and youthful. Having smooth, alert, and cheerful eyes will boost your confidence. This reflects positively in your career and personal life. So here are some answers to a few of the most asked questions about getting fabulous eyes:
- How can I lift my drooping brows & eyelids without surgery, like a facelift? THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFT to the rescue! It is the best non surgical face lift that can correct droopy brows and eyelids. It is FDA approved and has been used thousands of times successfully. THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFT empowers the body to rejuvenate itself by creating more collagen that can have the lasting effects of smoother, tighter skin for years.
- What can I do to get rid of under eye puffiness or sunkeness? Besides getting a good night’s rest and staying hydrated, there are a couple of methods we can use depending on your unique situation. THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFTwill also help reduce the appearance of puffiness under the eyes and the hollow tear troughs by lifting and firming the skin. RESTYLANE, JUVEDERM, and BELOTERO are all dermal fillers that use natural injectable hylauronic acid to instantly plump and smooth under eye hollows.
- How can I lessen the appearance of crow’s feet and other wrinkles around my eyes? Laugh lines are better than frown lines, but no lines are best of all. Tell those wrinkles to “relax” with BOTOX or DYSPORT. They are both FDA approved botulinum injections that can be a great choice for those stubborn, deep set wrinkles. BOTOX or DYSPORT smooth out the lines by blocking nerve impulses to the muscles that cause the creases. You can have visibly more youthful eyes in as early as a week.
- Is there a cosmetic procedure to treat dark circles under my eyes? While there isn’t a cosmetic “concealer” treatment to replace your makeup, there are non-invasive treatments that can reduce the causes that make the dark circles more apparent. These dark circles are usually accentuated by the shadows from space between the bulge or ‘puffiness’ that can occur immediately under the lower eyelid and the under eye hollows coming from the tear trough. By addressing both the bulge and the hollow tear troughs, there will be less of an appearance of dark circles. THERMAGE/THERMAL LIFT will lift the eye area and help reduce the distension and then hylauronic acid fillers RESTYLANE, JUVEDERM, and BELOTERO will instantly restore fullness and smoothness to sunken or hollow tear troughs.
With all the attention to the eyes throughout July, I hope you can now feel completely confident knowing that I have many options to help your eyes look big, bright, and youthful. Visit www.DrCovey.com or call to make your appointment for fabulous eyes today!