Category: cosmetic laser treatments
As a doctor, I think about you–my patients–all the time. I think about your health, your general well-being and what I can do to improve both of these aspects of your lives. This past week, as I’ve watched you come into the office looking and feeling one way and leave looking and feeling another, I’ve been thinking a lot about your happiness.
It has always been important to us to make sure that you are pleased with our treatments. It’s critical for us that this extends beyond the actual procedures and into your every day life, and I think that it does. Our goal is for you to live your life in a happier and more confident way, and we are so thrilled that we see this even as you walk out the door.
Contentment with one’s physical self, we know, translates into contentment with a whole lot more. When you believe that you look good, your walk changes. Your posture improves. You wear different clothes, different makeup. You get a new haircut. You smile more, you engage other people more. You are optimistic and, simply, happy.
This coming week, as you visit us in our offices, think about the emotional shift that is about to happen. Your face and body will look their most beautiful and equally exciting, so will your outlook.
See you soon.
The school bells are ringing again and for moms, the sound means one thing–extra time. With kids back in the classroom, why not devote a little attention to yourself this fall?
Whether you are a new mother enduring the lingering effects of pregnancy and breastfeeding or a seasoned mom who forgets to put herself first sometimes, you could be a candidate for our Mommy Makeover, a collection of treatments that will help you feel and look as terrific as you can.
It is not uncommon for young mothers to experience such conditions as acne, acne scarring, melasma (darkened facial skin), cellulite, unwanted fat, unwanted hair growth, prominent facial blood vessels, loose skin, brown spots and stretch marks. Experienced moms may feel that they look tired and worn.
Wherever you are in life, I will customize a specific plan that will address all of your post-baby or super-parent beauty concerns in a way that is easy to accomplish, convenient and stress-free.
Here are a few possible conditions and treatments for all mommies, new and not-so-new:
- For acne: pulsed dye laser, DermaFrac, microdermabrasion
- For melasma: Fraxel DUAL laser
- For cellulite: Cellulaze, Exilis Elite
- For unwanted fat: SmartLipo TriPlex, Exilis Elite
- For unwanted hair growth: Laser Hair Removal, IPL Hair Removal
- For facial blood vessels: Diolite (KTP532) laser, IPL (intense pulsed light), GentleWaves
- For loose skin: Thermage CPT, Exilis Elite, Fraxel lasers, laser wrinkle reduction, SmartLipo TriPlex
- For brown spots: Fraxel DUAL laser, IPL (intense pulsed light), Diolite (KTP532) laser, chemical peels, GentleWaves
- For stretch marks: Fraxel lasers
- For acne scarring: Fraxel lasers, pulsed dye laser, dermal fillers
Please call our office for a complimentary consultation. New seasons are a time for positive change, and we are ready to help you transform, physically and emotionally.
See you soon.
Radiant Skin with DermaFrac
Have you heard of the innovative new treatment that can lighten pigmentation, treat acne, reduce wrinkles, and increase skin hydration? It’s not a laser or chemical peel. It’s DermaFrac, one of the newest anti aging treatments we’re offering at East End Laser Care.
Three in One
I love DermaFrac because it includes 3 treatments in one 30 minute procedure to help your skin recover its youthful radiance. It covers a lot of bases via the different modalities and can really get some great results with all the serums that can be tailored to individual needs. The methods are:
- MicroChanneling with Serum Infusion
- LED Therapy
This pain free, no downtime procedure infuses serums directly where it counts using an innovative method. The serums are injected via MicroChanneling, also called MicroNeedling. But compared to other MicroChanneling systems DermaFracis the best. It uses the latest technology to precisely calibrate the needle penetration, and has unprecedented infusion capability with Vacuum Assisted Simultaneous Serum Infusion. Here are the serum options:
- Anti aging serum contains a super cocktail of 5 peptides to stimulate collagen production.
- Lightening solution uses natural kojic acid to suppress the pigmentation process.
- Hydrating serum has a HylaSponge System with a multi faceted approach to rehydrate skin naturally, including vitamin A and teas.
- Acne serum has hyaluronic acid to loosen dead skin cells and unclog pores.
Even the LED therapy can be tailored to the specific needs of your skin. For example a yellow light is used to boost collagen, red if you have erythema or redness of skin, and blue light is used to treat acne.
How Does It Work?
A handpiece, that contains the serum cartridge and MicroNeedle roller tip cap, is gently moved across the skin. The skin is lightly pulled into contact with the tiny needles by a vacuum, while the injections microexfoliate and deposit the selected serum. This is a painless process with no bleeding because the depth of the needles have been carefully calibrated to make their way into the skin just above the capillaries and nerve endings. These tiny penetrations stimulate the body’s healing process to create collagen and they are also micro pathways for the serums to enter below the epidermis into dermal layer of the skin.
What Can DermaFrac Do for You?
DermaFrac is a great treatment option for busy people that don’t want any recovery time, but want quick, painless results. It is a MicroChanneling system that requires no down time, and is very affordable.
DermaFrac is a wonderful solution for a variety of skin concerns:
- Lightens sun spots, skin discoloration, and uneven skin tone
- Improves active and cystic acne in adults and teenagers
- Reduces fine lines and mild wrinkles
- Increases skin hydration and smoothness
- May be an option to treat scars depending on several factors
For a quick and painless skin rejuvenating treatment to give you that holiday glow, come visit East End Laser Care to get your DermaFrac treatment today. Look for more information on DermaFrac coming to my website soon www.DrCovey.com.
This week is Thanksgiving, but we all see the Holiday decorations popping up everywhere and most of the retail stores are already playing seasonal music. Especially with Black Friday in the forefront of people’s minds, will be the gifts they want to give and receive. In this blog I hope to guide you on some amazing youth restoring gift options that you can ask for, as well as share with someone you love.
Where to Go
Fortunately, you need to go no further than East End Laser Care since we offer the most comprehensive spectrum of non invasive procedures. This is our specialty. While most doctors perform cosmetic injectables in addition to their area of expertise, we perform them as our primary goal to help you achieve the cosmetic enhancements of your dreams. You’ll have access to all the hottest, safest treatments with proven performance.
What You Want
This time of year the calendar is loaded with social gatherings. Many of us will be seeing friends and family whom we may not have seen in a while. Don’t you want to look your best? As cameras click away, everyone will be in lots of holiday photos to capture all the fun memories. Don’t you want to look back on those photos and like what you see? Whether you’re looking to receive a gift or give someone the gift of a rejuvenated face or body, we have a non surgical procedure that can help.
Many of these treatments are “in and out”, with little to no recovery, so they don’t require stepping out of the social holiday fun. You can see all the procedure options at www.DrCovey.com, but here are some of our most popular treatments:
- Radiant Skin glows after a FRAXEL LASER treatment. It is so versatile that you can firm up loose skin, brighten dull or pigmented skin, and even smooth out wrinkles.
- Non surgical mini face lift really exists with the skin tightening, collagen boosting THERMAGE CPT and ELILIS. AND… with JUVEDERM VOLUMA XC injections, facial volume is restored, resulting in a lifted, revitalized new look.
- Luscious lips become fuller with hyaluronic acid fillers JUVEDERM and RESTYLANE.
- Smooth out wrinkles on forehead and crows feet with BOTOX or DYSPORT.
- Fill in smile lines or those nasolabial folds that come down from the outer edge of the nostrils to the outer tip of the lips with JUVEDERM, RESTYLANE, OR RADIESSE.
- Sculpt the body without surgery by using THERMAGE CPT or EXILIS to tighten and lift loose skin on the arms, legs, and buttocks…and even drooping eyelids.
- Smooth out cellulite with CELLULAZE, the most advanced cellulite treatment available. It increases skin’s elasticity, flattens lumps and bumps and is clinically proven to smooth out the skin’s surface.
- Laser hair removal can save lots of time from shaving and waxing.
- Melt that extra fat from the waistline, abdomen inner or outer thighs, hips, arms, buttocks, etc. with SMARTLIPO TRIPLEX. It is the most advanced laser lipo available to remove fat and contour the body. Its skin tightening effects also help with loose skin after the fat is removed.
Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Glowing Skin for the Holidays
Snow has already started to fall in some areas and with the colder temperatures of the fall and winter season, comes a variety of skin concerns. In addition to dryness, one of the top concerns I hear about is dull, rough skin. When skin has lost its radiance, it looks older.
Where Did the Glow Go?
The natural glow from skin mainly comes from a high cellular turnover that reveals fresh new skin. As we age cellular turnover slows down and dead skin builds up to cause rough texture and lackluster skin.
Getting the Glow Back
There are a variety of ways you can go about getting your glow back.
DIET… Being conscious of your eating habits during the holidays will not only help you keep off the weight, but it’ll help your skin too. Sugar and processed foods aren’t good for the body and also reflect poorly on the skin. Staying hydrated and even eating foods with high water content can help. Foods with healthy fats, such as avocados, as well as other vegetables and fruits that are high in beta carotene and vitamin A empower radiant skin.
LIFESTYLE… Alcohol, soda, and caffeine drinks like coffee have a dehydrating effect on the skin. Smoking deprives the skin of vital nutrients and oxygen. Minimizing these vices can give your skin a better chance for healthy cellular production that’ll reflect externally. Getting good rest is important for rejuvenating your whole body and allows skin to restore its natural balance. Getting your “beauty sleep” isn’t just an old wives’ tale.
LASERS… These treatments offer a non surgical option for effective skin rejuvenation. Powerful targeted treatments beam tiny columns of light into the deeper layers of skin of a specific area. Lasers are available in different strengths and types to solve a variety of problems and reverse the signs of aging:
- Resurface the skin to restore glow
- Reduce deep lines and scars
- Firm up skin
- Reduce or eliminate skin pigmentation
- Smooth out the skins’ surface and texture
Laser treatments offer flexibility tailored to your specific skin rejuvenation needs. If you’ve just recently noticed an increasing dull complexion or it’s been years since you’ve wanted to do something about it, there is a laser for you. We offer laser treatments from gentle to intense, all the while delivering visible results.
- more aggressive approach for significant levels of concern
- carbon dioxide laser beams
- removes old damaged tissue to stimulate collagen production
- Fractional Deep Dermal Ablative (FDAA)
- moderate recovery, yet is insignificant compared to surgery
- middle strength for moderate levels of concern
- erbium and thulium laser
- safe for all skin types
- very commonly used for pigmentation and texture
- optimal results typically achieved in a series of treatments
- may experience mild redness for a day or two, but no downtime
Clear + Brilliant
- most gentle laser ideal for beginners wanting to “ease in to lasers”
- done in a series of treatments with no downtime
- visibly illuminates your skin tone
- optimal results typically achieved in a series of treatments
- no downtime
Let’s talk about the best laser options for you to restore your skin’s radiance and get back that glow for the holidays! Visit www.DrCovey.com to learn more.
One of the best options to rejuvenate your skin for Fall is with a FRAXEL laser treatment. You’ll love your smooth, clear complexion that radiates a youthful glow. Available in three different strengths, FRAXEL lasers offer a versatile, effective treatment option that provides the best non surgical results:
- CLEAR + BRILLIANT is a great option if you are new to laser treatments. It is the most gentle of the 3 lasers and is still effective at the early signs of aging.
- FRAXEL DUAL effectively addresses more moderate aging concerns. You can experience a remarkably more youthful appearance without any downtime.
- FRAXEL REPAIR penetrates deeper into the dermis to stimulate the rebuilding of collagen. It is the most intense of the 3 lasers, but requires fewer treatments to see rejuvenating results more quickly. Results are amazing and recovery is more of a “social downtime;” it is minimal, especially compared to the stronger chemical peels and surgical alternatives.
What is on your Fall beauty wish list? I’m sure some of these issues that can be treated with FRAXEL lasers are on there:
- Age & Sun Spots pop up with exposure to the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. These brown patches plague the face and body with an aged look. FRAXEL lasers can lighten this pigmentation to restore clear, bright, and even toned skin.
- Skin Resurfacing restores the smooth texture, tightness, color, and brightness that diminishes over the years. While most treatments only address the externally affected skin, FRAXEL lasers resurface your skin from the inside out. They can reverse skin damage created by exposure to the sun, air pollution, stress, and fatigue. Harmful lifestyle factors can also cause the skin to lose its radiance, such as smoking, poor diet, and dehydration.
- Wrinkles and lines that age the face can creep in as early as mid 2os, but usually are more noticeable starting in the 30s. They only get deeper with years of expression and muscle movement, reduced cellular turnover and increased moisture loss. Amazingly, FRAXEL lasers actually stimulate collagen rebuild and therefore the skin acts younger and tighter, reducing wrinkles.
- Acne and Surgical Scars can mature the face years beyond natural age by causing an uneven, rough texture to the surface. In addition to being bumpy or pitted, the skin can be discolored.
- Actinic Keratosis is a medical condition caused by pre-cancerous skin cells. More professionals are turning to FRAXEL lasers to help treat these scaly or crusty growths, and to provide relief for thousands of people.
- Melasma presents as dark blotches caused by the hormonal changes in women’s bodies throughout the stages of life. Melasma is commonly associated with pregnancy and breastfeeding, oral contraceptives, or hormone replacement therapy. These dark brown spots are different than sun damage. FRAXEL can lighten melasma anywhere, but it most commonly appears on the forehead, lower cheeks, nose, and upper lip.
Refresh your face with FRAXEL and be ready for the social holiday season coming soon! Visit www.DrCovey.com to learn more and schedule a consultation to see which FRAXEL laser is best for you.
Problem solving laser treatments are among our most common anti aging cosmetic procedures. Lasers target different types of cells to reduce or eliminate pigmentation, fade scars or redness, minimize wrinkles and treat textural problems. See the following bullets to learn a few of the amazing uses for lasers:
- Reverse the signs of aging
- Reduce deep lines and scars
- Resurface the skin
- Tighten lax skin
- Remove unwanted hair
- Reduce or eliminate skin pigmentation
- Correct textural abnormalities, sun damage…and more!
For the benefit of new readers, review my last blog to get up to speed and then keep reading as I am going to write a couple more blogs on the benefits of today’s age reversing cosmetic treatments using lasers.
WHAT IS A LASER? A laser is Light Amplification by Simulated Emission of Radiation, using a crystal to produce a targeted beam of light.
One type of laser does not work for every problem. There are many types of lasers being employed today to perform both “non ablative and ablative treatments.” Laser treatments involve little to no downtime or discomfort due to topical numbing cream and/or oral sedatives. See my website for complete info on laser options: www.Dr.Covey.com.
Two more laser treatments I offer my patients are:
FRAXEL RE:PAIR…a revolutionary way to repair and restore damaged skin. After years of smoking, or fun in the sun, or age related changes, more pronounced photodamage, sagging face and neck skin and even delicate chest skin, facial discolorations, deep lines, hard to erase lip lines, rough skin texture, acne scars and surgical scars… all respond well to treatments using Fraxel Re:Pair laser. Fraxel Re:Pair allows for deeper penetration, without touching skin outside the treatment area. Fraxel Re:Pair also encourages skin tightening by altering weakened collagen in the dermal layer of your skin. Some patients see dramatic results in as little as 48 hours!
RE:PAIR is the best choice for men and women who want significant resurfacing results that will truly address deeper wrinkles and skin laxity without surgery.
DIOLITE TREATMENTS are comfortable and effective. The Diolite laser can treat both vascular and pigmented lesions with no pain and no downtime. Treatments are quick and the results can be seen immediately.
Well, I love today’s advanced lasers and the beautiful, healthy results they afford my patients. More in my next blog!