Category: laser treatments
When you really want to know how someone feels, you look into his eyes. They can often hold the answers to many mysteries. Unfortunately, they can be a lot more obvious about your age.
The skin surrounding your eyes, because it is so delicate, is at risk for a multitude of cosmetic problems that make you look older than you are. And, because this area is involved in facial expression, the natural movement of the skin causes lines and wrinkles to form over time. Crow’s feet, additional lines and wrinkles underneath the lower lashes, dark circles, hollowing, drooping lids and puffiness all contribute to a tired appearance. Perhaps you’ve tried creams that claim to tighten skin or cold tea bags and cucumbers that temporarily reduce fluid retention, but the concerns remain.
We offer a range of nonsurgical treatments that will help return a well-rested look to your eyes and therefore, your face. Depending on your individual needs, we can craft a personal plan that will help you look refreshed and more youthful, with minimal downtime and recuperation.
Take a look at some of our most popular eye treatments:
- Thermage CPT
- Dermal fillers (Belotero, Juvederm, Restylane, Restylane Lyft)
- Fraxel Repair Laser
- Fraxel DUAL Laser
- Laser Wrinkle Reduction
- Clear & Brilliant
- LED Photomodulation
Come talk with us about how we can help. Call our office today to schedule your complimentary consultation.
See you soon.
Before it’s swimsuit time, say good bye to waxing, shaving and plucking, once and for all. Laser Hair Removal is a safe and fast alternative to the discomfort and inconvenience of temporary methods, and it lasts.
You won’t want to be too tan before the treatment, so it makes perfect sense to come in for your first appointment now, while winter is in serious swing. The laser is effective on all areas of the body, including the upper lip, bikini area, underarms, chest, back and legs. And, the effects are progressive, so you’ll see continued improvement–including extra smooth skin–as time goes on.
So, there is no time like the present, particularly when it comes to Laser Hair Removal. Call my office today to schedule a complimentary consultation and learn more about my Spring Ahead plan for staying ahead and staying beautiful.
See you soon…and check back next week for my Ideal Winter Treatment #6.
In just a couple of weeks, you’ll be enjoying the Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends. So, the timing is just right for erasing a few wrinkles and lifting your look with a few quick and simple fixes.
If you haven’t already, or if it’s time for a refresher, consider these easy treatments for an instant infusion of youth and vigor. After just a short office visit, you will leave looking younger, better rested and happier than you did when you walked in.
Botox: Worry lines, frown lines, laugh or smile lines, crow’s feet …these are all “dynamic” wrinkles caused from years of using facial muscles to show expression. Botox injections can safely and effectively soften persistent lines and reduce wrinkles. It is also known as “cosmetic denervation” – a nonsurgical cosmetic procedure that many patients have come to depend on to show results in a few days.
Thermage CPT: Touted as the first nonsurgical facelift, Thermage CPT will actually transform skin all over your body. The Thermage CPT thermal lift will tighten loose skin on the eyelids, under-eye areas, abdomen, arms, legs and even your sagging buttocks. Thermage CPT, the most effective lift treatment for a multitude of concerns, yields dramatic results without incisions and recuperation.
In the eye area, for instance, Thermage CPT reduces “hooding,” improves texture, and tones and softens fine lines and crow’s feet. The treatment is a safe, effective and unique option for “eyelid rejuvenation.” The Body Shape procedure is ideal for men and women who are looking to help firm sagging skin and reduce unwanted bulges that dieting and exercise alone cannot seem to change.
Injectable Fillers: Try Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Restylane Lyft and Voluma to lift and contour facial features and restore your natural fullness exactly where you want to. Nonsurgical and virtually pain-free, dermal fillers can reduce wrinkles, lines and folds, create a more rested and fresh look, and return your face to its curved former self.
Sometimes, we “lift” the entire face; sometimes, we target specific spots, such as bags under the eyes, marionette lines, sagging eye lids, jowls and flattened cheeks. We can even disguise bumps on the nose, a method that will keep you out of the operating room and free of anesthesia, recuperation and downtime.
The fillers that we use are made from substances that your body produces naturally.
Here’s a run-down of some of our fast treatments for minimizing lines, wrinkles and folds:
- For crow’s feet and droopy brows: Botox and Dysport
- For tear troughs and hollows below the lower eyelid: Restylane, Juvederm and Belotero
- For sagging and shallow cheeks, temples and jawlines: Voluma XC, Radiesse, Restylane Lyft, Restylane and Juvederm
- For nasolabial folds: Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse and Belotero
- For thin and flat lips: Juvederm, Restylane, Restylane Silk and Belotero
So, as the holiday approaches, think about giving yourself a well-deserved gift. As always, I’m thankful for your choosing me when it comes to helping you look and feel your most beautiful.
See you soon.
Some blemishes can make you feel as bad as Lady Macbeth did, but fortunately, some spots can be banished.
Dark spots and blotchy patches, whether brown, red or pink, large or small, are all classified as hyperpigmentation. Meaning, simply, extra pigment, dark skin discoloration can appear anywhere on your body. Typically, sun exposure and aging are to blame.
Various types of hyperpigmentation can emerge, due to different triggers, and we have treatments for all of them. Take a look below at which type you may have…
Melasma: Look for light to medium brown discoloration, usually on the cheeks, sides of your face, upper nose, forehead and lips. You may see splotchy patches in irregular sizes and shapes. Often, melasma appears when you are pregnant or have just gone through childbirth (it’s sometimes called “The Mask of Pregnancy”). A hormone surge during these times can cause the changes in your skin. Combined with excessive sun exposure, the effects may be pronounced.
Our treatment: Fraxel Dual Laser
Sunspots, Age/Liver Spots: These are light to dark brown in color, and appear on the face, chest and hands. Usually, they are small and flat and caused by sun exposure.
Our treatment: Fraxel Dual Laser, IPL (Intense Pulsed Light), Diolite
PIH: Look for flat pink, red or brown spots on the face. If you’ve had inflammatory acne, you may be prone to this sort of hyperpigmentation.
Our treatment: Light salicylic acid chemical peels
Freckles: You may notice small brown, red or black spots on your face, chest or arms. Sometimes, they appear quickly, after a long day in the sun, even with sunscreen.
Our treatment: Fraxel Dual Laser, IPL, Diolite
Facial Blood Vessels: Vascular lesions, commonly called “spider veins” are extra blood vessels that are superficially located in the skin. Often, the skin of cheeks, chin and forehead appear red.
Our treatment: Diolite, IPL
Our best advice for minimizing spots, of course, is to stay clear of the sun and wear sunscreen–and more sunscreen–every time that you go out, even when it’s cloudy.
For a specialized treatment plan crafted just for you, call our office for a complimentary consultation.
See you soon.
Sometimes, the same conditions look different on men than they do on women. Some are more pronounced. Some are less so. A man’s eye area is subject to all sorts of stress and can have a huge impact on his overall expression. If you are noticing any of the common concerns described below, keep calm (and please don’t wrinkle your forehead). We can perform simple treatments that will help return a look of youth and vigor–with short office visits and limited or no recovery time.
Droopy Brows and Eyelids: Excessive movement of the muscles surrounding the brow and particularly, issues involving the levator muscle (this elevates the upper lid), can cause your eyebrow to lose its natural arch. Botox, Dysport or Thermage/Thermal Lift can raise the brows to a more youthful position.
Crow’s Feet: These fine lines, which begin at the outer corner of the eyes and fan out, sometimes to the hairline, tend to make eyes appear squinty and aged. They are inevitable, since they are caused by the natural movement of the face, but they don’t have to be permanent. Botox or Dysport injections are the speedy solution for smoothing out lines and wrinkles.
Under-eye Bulging: When fat redistributes from the eye socket to the area underneath the lower eyelid, you will see sacks and bulging. This is a common sign of aging. To reduce the puffiness, we can use Thermage/Thermal Lift and help refresh and revive your appearance.
Sunken Tear Troughs: As you age, you may experience hollowing of the tear troughs on either side of your nose, just below the bridge and lower eyelid. Sometimes, these sunken spaces can extend as far down as the cheek. With hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm or Belotero, we can fill the troughs and restore the vitality of the eye area.
Dark Circles: When puffiness occurs right under the lower eyelid and is combined with the hollowing of the tear trough, shadows form. These are what we see as dark circles. Even if you don’t feel tired, you will look as if you are. Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane or Belotero can help diminish the darkness, leaving you looking more rested and energetic.
Whatever you see in the mirror, we can certainly help you feel better about it. Whether with hyaluronic acid fillers that plump and add firmness or injectables that smooth fine lines and wrinkles, we can devise a quick and easy plan for you this summer.
See you soon.
It may not yet be hot enough for the beach, and if you don’t love how you look in a bathing suit, that is good news. But why not love how you look? Why not embrace the season, the suit and your shape?
It’s time to stop hiding. Body sculpting is minimally invasive, safe and quick. With SmartLipo TriPlex laser treatments, we can remove fat from targeted areas of your body. You’ll see a reduction in inches, smoother and tighter skin and a highly defined new shape.
The treatment is done with local anesthesia in our state-of-the-art office, and is particularly effective for abdomens and waistlines–and for both men and women. You’ll see changes in your body that diet and exercise have failed to produce.
We can also reduce the cellulite that ruins any good bathing suit. With the Cellulaze laser, we smooth skin on the thighs buttocks, stomach, upper arms–anywhere where bumps and ripples appear. Despite your rigorous exercise, weight training and high-intensity workouts, cellulite sometimes sticks around. The Cellulaze laser attacks it where it begins, under the skin.
Finally, here’s a run-down of some of our other fast treatments for minimizing lines, wrinkles and folds:
- For crow’s feet and droopy brows: Botox and Dysport
- For tear troughs and hollows below the lower eyelid: Restylane, Juvederm and Belotero
- For sagging and shallow cheeks, temples and jawlines: Voluma XC, Radiesse, Perlane, Restylane and Juvederm
- For nasolabial folds: Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane, Radiesse and Belotero
- For thin and flat lips: Juvederm, Restylane, Restylane Silk and Perlane
Please call our office to schedule a consultation, and see you at the beach.
Glowing Skin for the Holidays
Snow has already started to fall in some areas and with the colder temperatures of the fall and winter season, comes a variety of skin concerns. In addition to dryness, one of the top concerns I hear about is dull, rough skin. When skin has lost its radiance, it looks older.
Where Did the Glow Go?
The natural glow from skin mainly comes from a high cellular turnover that reveals fresh new skin. As we age cellular turnover slows down and dead skin builds up to cause rough texture and lackluster skin.
Getting the Glow Back
There are a variety of ways you can go about getting your glow back.
DIET… Being conscious of your eating habits during the holidays will not only help you keep off the weight, but it’ll help your skin too. Sugar and processed foods aren’t good for the body and also reflect poorly on the skin. Staying hydrated and even eating foods with high water content can help. Foods with healthy fats, such as avocados, as well as other vegetables and fruits that are high in beta carotene and vitamin A empower radiant skin.
LIFESTYLE… Alcohol, soda, and caffeine drinks like coffee have a dehydrating effect on the skin. Smoking deprives the skin of vital nutrients and oxygen. Minimizing these vices can give your skin a better chance for healthy cellular production that’ll reflect externally. Getting good rest is important for rejuvenating your whole body and allows skin to restore its natural balance. Getting your “beauty sleep” isn’t just an old wives’ tale.
LASERS… These treatments offer a non surgical option for effective skin rejuvenation. Powerful targeted treatments beam tiny columns of light into the deeper layers of skin of a specific area. Lasers are available in different strengths and types to solve a variety of problems and reverse the signs of aging:
- Resurface the skin to restore glow
- Reduce deep lines and scars
- Firm up skin
- Reduce or eliminate skin pigmentation
- Smooth out the skins’ surface and texture
Laser treatments offer flexibility tailored to your specific skin rejuvenation needs. If you’ve just recently noticed an increasing dull complexion or it’s been years since you’ve wanted to do something about it, there is a laser for you. We offer laser treatments from gentle to intense, all the while delivering visible results.
- more aggressive approach for significant levels of concern
- carbon dioxide laser beams
- removes old damaged tissue to stimulate collagen production
- Fractional Deep Dermal Ablative (FDAA)
- moderate recovery, yet is insignificant compared to surgery
- middle strength for moderate levels of concern
- erbium and thulium laser
- safe for all skin types
- very commonly used for pigmentation and texture
- optimal results typically achieved in a series of treatments
- may experience mild redness for a day or two, but no downtime
Clear + Brilliant
- most gentle laser ideal for beginners wanting to “ease in to lasers”
- done in a series of treatments with no downtime
- visibly illuminates your skin tone
- optimal results typically achieved in a series of treatments
- no downtime
Let’s talk about the best laser options for you to restore your skin’s radiance and get back that glow for the holidays! Visit www.DrCovey.com to learn more.
Unless you’ve been very careful to avoid sunlight or always wear cover ups, hats, sunglasses, and sunscreen, you’re probably noticing you’ve picked up at least a few more freckles by this point in the summer. These brown sun spots occur as a result of exposure to ultraviolet radiation from the sun. This pigmentation is a major cause of visible aging. Blotchy, uneven skin tone makes the skin have a weathered appearance when contrasted with the clear, even toned complexion of youth.
We use the most advanced treatments for all different kinds of pigmentation and skin types. Here are some of my top picks:
Lasers generate an intense beam of light that destroys the unwanted cells in the affected area, leaving only healthy cells behind. If you or someone you know has had a laser treatment for pigmentation in the past, don’t worry, Diolite is NOT like the older lasers that were painful and left behind blistered and crusty skin. Revolutionary Diolite is gentle, precise and controlled. With the Diolite laser, we can direct the light to the treatment area only, which leaves the surrounding tissue intact.
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light ) Treatment
IPL is a breakthrough, age defying photorejuvenation procedure that quickly, effectively, and non-invasively treats skin damage. Pulsed-light systems treat pigmentation very similarly to lasers. IPL is a versatile treatment to correct all kinds of facial skin imperfections and signs of aging, such as rosacea (facial inflammation), sun spots, vascular lesions, and acne scarring. It can safely treat any area (face, neck, chest, hands, legs, etc.) except the delicate thin skin around the eyes. Photorejuvenation offers long-term results without any downtime, recovery time or chemicals, and IPL is the “The Gold Standard” for photorejuvenation.
GentleWaves is a non-thermal, low intensity light-emitting diode treatment that uses a carefully timed sequence of emissions to activate the skin’s natural rejuvenation process. Unlike laser treatments that can cause a snapping sensation, GentleWaves treatments are entirely painless. Youth restoring results are more gradual with patients reporting noticeable changes as early as after 5 to 7 treatments, which can be done on a weekly basis.
Fraxel laser treatments offer the most advanced technology for improving skin’s radiance and youthfulness. Depending on the intensity of the treatment you need, you can choose from Fraxel re:pair, Fraxel DUAL or Clear & Brilliant. All the Fraxel lasers are state of the art devices, each with their own advantages. You can check out this month’s newsletter for more information about Fraxel laser treatments.
With so many options, there’s no reason you can’t say farewell to your freckles and skin discoloration, and say hello to that youthful glow. Visit www.DrCovey.com or call to find out which treatment is best for your skin.
Choosing the right laser treatment at the right time can treat a host of skin problems…in fact, just about every problem under the sun. Age reversing laser treatments have become an integral part of the anti-aging revolution as proven by the thousands of men and women, of all ages, who now include laser procedures in their regular cosmetic/health regimen.
Laser treatments can be fractional ablative or non ablative. Fraxel Re:Pair fractional ablative lasers remove part of the top layer of skin tissue. Fractional ablative lasers can be powered up or down to increase or decrease penetration. The deeper the laser penetration, the more dramatic the results will be. Nonablative lasers penetrate the skin without affecting the outermost layer of skin tissue.
Laser treatment I offer my patients include: Fraxel Re:Pair, Smartlipo TriPlex, Cellulaze, Clear+Brilliant, Pulsed Dye laser, Laser Hair Removal, Laser Wrinkle Reduction.
THERMAGE CPT…is today’s most effective “lift” treatment (Thermal Lift) for sagging under the eyes, arms, legs, thighs and even the buttocks. Thermage has been featured on Oprah and in many Women’s magazines as the “no downtime non surgical facelift” that tightens the eyelids and under eye areas of the face.
Treatments we do using Thermage CPT also include hand treatments to reduce the excess wrinkling and sagging of skin. We can also use Thermage CPT to give patients a flatter, smoother tummy, thighs, buttocks, arms and more.
Thermage firms sagging skin, corrects skin laxity and is a very popular treatment today in the war against aging. Thermage helps to restore youthfulness!
MORE COMMON PROBLEMS WE TREAT WITH LASERS:
- ACNE responds well to pulsed dye lasers. Often, I use lasers in combo with microdermabrasion and dermal fillers to successfully treat acne and acne scarring.
- DISCOLORED SCARS can be treated with fractional ablative and non ablative lasers depending upon your condition and goals. Fraxel lasers, Diolite and IPL are all used for these treatments.
- VEINS and BLOOD VESSELS are commonly treated with non ablative lasers such as Diolite, pulsed dye or IPL.
- NORMAL AGING and WRINKLES can be effectively treated with fractional ablative and non ablative lasers depending upon your condition and goals.
- HAIR REMOVAL is done using laser or IPL treatments. Several treatments are required to achieve permanent hair reduction because the hair grows in cycles…so treatments are scheduled to address this effectively.
- SUN SPOTS and FRECKLES are treated with fractional ablative and non ablative lasers…such as Fraxel Dual, Fraxel Re:Pair and Diolite as well as IPL for pigmented lesions. The lasers attack the pigment to cause “a lightening of the spots” that flake away within a few days.
There are so many more laser treatments that we do at East End Laser Care. I’ve been expertly performing laser treatments for well over two decades and have witnessed the unbelievable power lasers offer to combat aging, sun damage and so much more.
Spring is finally here…and beach time is not far off. Are you “Beach Body Ready?” Let’s talk soon!
Lasers are an integral part of the anti aging revolution today...more so than over the past decade as both men and women now include laser treatments in their regular cosmetic/health regimen.
It’s absolutely true that the right laser treatments, done at the right times, can treat just about any skin problem under the sun. These laser and energy based magic wands can reverse the signs of aging, reduce deep lines and scars, resurface the skin, remove unwanted hair, reduce or eliminate skin pigmentation and textural abnormalities…and more. Since there are so many age reversing laser options available, my next few blogs will focus on these solutions. Keep reading!
WHAT IS A LASER? A true laser is Light Amplification by Simulated Emission of Radiation that uses a crystal to produce a targeted light beam.
HOW A LASER WORKS: All lasers are light based devices that target different types of skin cells to achieve the desired results. Your surgeon must be able to match the right laser to each individual problem. Each wavelength is unique to each problem.
ABLATIVE LASERS remove the top layer of skin tissue and the power can be dialed up or dialed down to increase or decrease the level of penetrations. The more ablative the laser, the deeper the penetration making recovery longer…but with more dramatic results
NON ABLATIVE LASERS leave the outer layer of skin intact but can still penetrate to correct the problem. Since there is no skin sloughing (as with ablative lasers) downtime is much shorter as are pain and discomfort.
I’ve been using lasers, and offering my patients the many amazing laser treatment options, for over two decades. See my website for more information: www.drcovey.com.
Here are just a few of the treatments we offer:
CELLULAZE LASER for attacking cellulite where it begins…under the skin! Cellulaze is the amazing FDA approved breakthrough treatments for cellulite that gets results with just one treatment. Smoother skin on your abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms and anywhere cellulite occurs, has proven this laser technology invaluable in the treatment of ugly, unwelcome cellulite!
CLEAR+BRILLIANT laser treatments are very popular this time of year to restore younger, healthier, clearer looking skin to enjoy along with the freshness of spring. Clear+Brilliant ushers in a renewed youthfulness with gentle treatments that combat the “early signs of aging.”
FRAXEL RE:STORE DUAL WAVELENGTH LASER TREATMENTS offer better results more quickly and more comfortably than ever before. This laser system uses two wavelengths to repair and restore smoother, fresher, younger looking skin.
Well, there are more laser options, but that’s it for this blog. I have patients waiting for their age reversing laser treatments!
April 11, in the Manhattan office…don’t miss our “Spring Fling” Botox, Dermal Filler and Liquid Facelift event. Call 212 931 0700 to reserve your treatment of choice!
Today’s Men are clearly in on having anti aging cosmetic procedures! My male clientelle is growing by leaps and bounds the same as others across the nation. There are a few differences between men’s demands and those of our female patients. Basically, Men want to look younger, more energetic and healthy simply because they want to…and because the competitive career market today demands that men and women look good. Our society equates looking good with youthfulness, thus the tremendous upsurge in age defying cosmetic treatments this past decade. Men also want their treatments to be “subtle”…they simple don’t want anyone else to know they’re having Botox® (Brotox) treatments for a smoother, younger looking face. Men want “in and out” no downtime options. That means treatments like Botox with reduced redness, swelling and bruising. (Be sure you use only a Certified Expert Injector).
We offer many Men’s anti aging cosmetic treatments that are safe and effective without surgery…that’s right no knife, no cutting and no downtime.
TOP COSMETIC TRENDS for MEN
- American Board of Plastic Surgery reports Male cosmetic treatments are up by 258% over 10 years
- Men are opting for more laser treatments to promote health and youthfulness
- Rhinoplasty, Hair Removal and Blepharoplasty (for the eyes) is still at the top
- Botox (Brotox), Hyaluronic Acid Fillers e.g. Juvederm, Restylane etc for lines and wrinkles and stressed look removal
- Microdermabrasion for skin resurfacing reveals younger, healthier skin, removes scars, sun damage and discoloration
- Men are starting cosmetic treatments at younger ages and then maintaining on a regular basis
- The Millenials treat cosmetic anti aging procedures as part of their regular health regimen
- Cosmetic treatments for men and women of the younger generations are the “New Beauty Economics”
- The stigma for men and cosmetic treatments is gone…men are in the deal to stay
- I offer non surgical alternatives to surgical procedures
Ok, we have the treatments and they work. But preventive measures are important too. Here are a few that can really make a difference in your quest for anti aging:
- Start now and do these the rest of your life to make a difference
- SKIN CARE is critical at every age. To maintain healthy skin keep well hydrated, including your facial skin. Yes, men need good skin hydration and protection against harmful environmental agents.
- Use Sunscreen – UVA and UVB rays are responsible for 90% of the early signs of facial aging
- Stress…manage it or it will manage you! Daily stressors contribute to acne, facial lines and grooves especially around the eyes.
- Exercise for Stress Reduction. Go to the gym and workout, ski, swim, bike etc to get the blood flowing and strengthen those heart muscles.
- Maintain a “healthy” diet. Get rid of the junk food. Instead, eat raw vegetables, fruits, good oils, drink at lest 64 ounces of water daily, eat more fish etc.
- Sleep is critical to good overall health. Lack of adequate sleep shows up in facial aging.
- Live a Healthy Lifestyle. Don’t smoke, limit alcohol consumptions, get over the party life and into a daily healthy routine.
- Visit my website for info on procedures/products: www.drcovey.com.
This post is an overview of future articles I’ll write educating on the procedures I offer to both men and women. Look for great info as we go through 2014… helping you to be your very best!
WELCOME to the 2014 blog from Alexander J. Covey and East End Laser Care!
My goal is to inform, educate and encourage you throughout this new year. I will write about our tried and proven procedures and some “late great ones.” I’ll educate about each one and the benefits seen at any age and stage in life. It’s never too late to get started with an age defying – anti aging program. But, we’ve learned from Celebrities (who never seem to age) the great benefits of starting early (20’s) with small procedures and regular, periodic maintenance in order to remove early signs of aging and to always looks years younger!
At East End Laser we offer advanced options that achieve “Natural Good Looks…Without Surgery!”
TIPS for HEALTHY GLOWING SKIN
Cold temperatures. harsh winds, indoor drying heat and more can wreak havoc with your skin making it feel tight, scaly and uncomfortable. Cold air is drying due to lack of moisture found in warm, humid air. Winds cause skin moisture evaporation, thus drier skin during the cold months. Indoor heat pulls moisture out of the skin causing it to dry. Below are some helpful tips to get through the “drying season.” Rich, sugary Holiday foods undermine the immune system and contribute to problem, dull skin. The New Year is here and we are here to guide you into being your very best self ever!
1. Use a gentler cleanser in winter months to avoid stripping the skin’s natural oils and helping to preserve the fragile outer skin barrier.
2.Winter Glow from Daily serum compliments your daily moisturizer. Serums penetrate and hydrate cells in the deeper dermis allowing them to rise to the outer skin level – plump and healthy.
3. Exfoliation removes dead, damaged skin cells and impurities. Exfoliate 2-3 times a week. We can tailor an At Home Skin Care Regime, using products best suited to your needs in order to accomplish Glowing Skin after the all year long.
4. Drink plenty of pure water every day! There is no substitute for water to keep the body well hydrated, the skin plump and clear and to flush out impurities.
5. Love your lips! Your sensitive lip skin needs regular attention to stay youthful sexy and gorgeous. Lips should be gently exfoliated weekly to remove dry, dead skin. Ask us for our recommendations for “gorgeous, sexy lips!”
6. Avoid hot baths. The intense heat of hot baths or showers can actually break down the lipid barriers in the skin leading to moisture loss.
7. Sunscreen is for Wintertime too. Winter sun and snow glare are equally damaging to the skin. Apply sunscreen about 30 minutes before going outdoors.
8. Treat Your Body like Your Face. Skin is the largest body organ and demands constant attention. Keep your Decolletage looking radiant. Ask us how.
9. Eliminate Dull Eyes! Avoid dull looking eyes during dull winters by using an eye cream or serum to keep the skin around the eyes taught…thus making you appear more radiant.
10. Our clients love Microdermabrasion to resurface dull, tired skin. Our gentle Clear and Brilliant Laser treatments enhance aging skin and restore a “natural” glow and much more…. see www.drcovey.com for info on many other innovative, age defying treatment options.
11. Get back on a healthy nutritional program and avoid sugar. Tips on beautiful skin foods in my next blog.
Best Wishes for a great 2014!
Alexander Covey, M.D.
East End Laser Care.. we create natural good looks without surgery!