Monthly Archives: December 2015
Though you may feel like hibernating, winter is the optimal time for certain cosmetic treatments. Because they take time to reveal their best results, or because they have maximum impact when the sun is low, some procedures are best done during January, February and March.
Here are ways to invest in yourself now, so that you can look your most beautiful when Spring arrives, which, we know, seems to happen in a flash.
I’m calling it my “Spring Ahead” plan, which includes seven ideal treatments for winter. Each week, I’ll add another to the list. Today, we begin with SmartLipo Triplex.
Though you will be able to see your new shape immediately after a SmartLipo laser procedure, final contouring results take time to settle in. This is a minimally invasive method for removing unwanted fat and sculpting areas of the body that you’d like to change. Lasers virtually melt fat cells under the skin and suction them away, leaving you with a brand new highly defined silhouette.
The treatment takes place in my state-of-the-art office under local anesthesia and is performed using a very small cannula, about the size of the tip of a pen. The liquefied fat is then removed using a gentle suction technique. Because the cannula is so small, there are no unsightly scars left post treatment. Results are seen soon after your procedure, as the treated area will appear tighter, more compact and smaller. But here is why it is a terrific winter option: It takes about 6 to 8 weeks to achieve superior tissue tightening through the formation of new collagen. Skin tightening is a gradual process with best results seen after 2 to 4 months.
So, if you have the SmartLipo treatment during the winter, by the time you dive into a pool or step onto a beach, your new shape will be ready to go.
SmartLipo has been designed to treat localized pockets of fat in many areas, including the waist, abdomen, inner and outer thighs, hips, buttocks, upper arms, male breasts and pubic mound.
Please call to schedule a complimentary consultation and hear more about our “Spring Ahead” treatment plan.
See you soon.
Wishing you and your families a wonderful holiday and safe, peaceful and happy new year. My staff and I hope that you enjoy this time with the special people in your lives, and we look forward to seeing you again in 2016.
For many of you, the upcoming holidays translate into plane travel. Often, our bodies don’t respond so well to being moved from place to place, high overhead. But, fear not. With a little preparation, you will look your best despite the altitude.
Herewith, a few tricks…
- Face: Cabin pressure causes skin to become dehydrated. The night before you fly, apply extra rich, extra thick moisturizer that will prime your face for the plane’s dry air. And, do yourself a favor and skip the foundation on the day of travel. Use moisturizer only.
- Cheeks: Boost your complexion with magic dust—a shimmer powder or cream applied lightly to the tops of cheeks and bridge of nose. Also, a cream blush and lip balm will add color without drying.
- Lips: Layer with a lip stain, apply a few coats and then finish with gloss. Or, use medicated lip balms throughout the trip, instead. More is better, in this case. Stay away from cakey lipsticks or long-lasting formulations, as these can dry out delicate skin.
- Eyes: Use a rich eye cream under your eyes and if you are skipping concealer, reapply during your flight, particularly if you will be sleeping.
- Body and hands: Again, it’s all about the moisture. Slather your body before you dress in your moistest moisturizer, and do the same for hands. Remember to reapply after you wash your hands, which should be often when you travel.
- Hair: Cabin dryness will produce fly-aways and static and sometimes leave hair looking flat. During the trip, twist your tresses on top of your head and secure with a butterfly clip or fabric band. When you land, your hair will be full and full of natural waves, too. Take along a spritz bottle of water, turn your head upside down and spray at the roots to reignite products when you are on the ground. The upside—if you suffer from coarse hair, nothing is better than airplane air to fight the frizz.
Safe travels, and see you soon.
We know that you want to look your best this time of year, with holiday festivities just getting under way. The good news….there is still time for a few quick in-and-out treatments that will make all the difference in your appearance. Instantly, you’ll look fresh and rested, and you’ll feel invigorated, too…just the right recipe for the holiday season.
Here are a few suggestions for the upcoming weeks…
Try a nonsurgical mini facelift that will tighten skin and boost collagen production. With Thermage CPT, we can treat the skin on the eyelids, under-eye areas, abdomen, arms, legs and even your sagging buttocks. It’s the most effective lift treatment for a multitude of concerns, and the results are dramatic. Or, you can try an Exilis laser treatment, which tightens, firms and tones loose and sagging skin and reshapes and melts stubborn fatty deposits anywhere on your face and body. Popular areas treated with Exilis include the face, jowls, neck, chest, back, “love handles,” “bra fat,” abdomen, thighs, hips, buttocks and knees.
Restore facial volume with dermal fillers such as Voluma, Radiesse and Restylane Lyft. These will minimize hollowness or lines that have formed with age.
Plump your lips with hyaluronic acid fillers, including Juvederm and Restylane.
Smooth out forehead wrinkles and crow’s feet with Botox or Dysport.
Fill in smile lines, marionette lines or nasolabial folds (lines that stretch from the outer edge of the nostrils to the outer tip of the lips) with Juvederm, Restylane or Radiesse.
All of these quick treatments are nonsurgical, requiring no anesthesia or downtime. You can be back in full swing immediately, looking younger and feeling that way, too.
Call our offices this week to schedule a pre-holiday appointment.
See you soon.