Monthly Archives: June 2015
Many times, no matter what we do, our bodies don’t look exactly the way we’d like them to. We run on the beach, crunch our abdomens and eat nothing but strawberries. Still, we don’t have the shape we really want. Body contouring, which is currently among the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures, can give you the silhouette that diet and exercise have failed to provide.
We offer several options:
First, you can consider Exilis Elite, the newest FDA approved non-invasive treatment for body shaping and skin tightening. The laser uses monopolar RF (radio frequency) to deliver controlled heat approximately one to three centimeters under the skin. We have used Exilis to tighten skin and decrease inches in many problem areas, including the neck/jowls, arms, bra strap area, abdomen, male chest, thighs and knees. You’ll experience no pain, down time or limitations.
Next, you can choose Thermage CPT, a nonsurgical facelift that will actually transform skin all over your body. The Thermage CPT thermal lift will tighten loose skin on the eyelids, under-eye areas, abdomen, arms, legs and even your sagging buttocks. Thermage CPT, the most effective lift treatment for a multitude of concerns, yields dramatic results without incisions and recuperation.
Finally, there is Smart Lipo Triplex, a minimally invasive method for removing unwanted fat and sculpting areas of the body that you’d like to change . A laser treatment that virtually melts fat cells and suctions them away, the TriPlex technology is updated from the original SmartLipo system in that it uses three wavelengths of laser light and yields better fat removal, tighter skin and high-definition body sculpting capabilities.
It’s never too late to look your very best, so come talk with us about how we can help.
See you soon.
It’s not too late to look your best on the beach this summer. With the quick and easy Exilis Elite, we can tighten skin, sculpt your shape and reduce fat–virtually anywhere–without incisions, anesthesia or downtime.
Here’s how we do it: The nonsurgical Exilis Elite laser technology allows us to deliver just the right amount of thermal energy in just the right places. It is a precise method for firming skin and melting fat in your face, jowls, neck, chest, back, waist, abdomen, thighs, hips, buttocks and knees.
For tightening the skin, we attack the dermal layer of your skin, stimulating the collagen that decreases as we age. For minimizing fat, we target the fat deposits located more deeply under the skin.
Exilis Elite is virtually pain-free, so you don’t need numbing of any kind or anesthesia. Most important, you can resume your normal activities immediately. We recommend a series of quick treatments for the best results, and will tailor a plan specifically for you. Most patients see results right away and report steady improvement during the following three months.
Call us today to schedule a complimentary consultation. See you at the office.
Sometimes, the same conditions look different on men than they do on women. Some are more pronounced. Some are less so. A man’s eye area is subject to all sorts of stress and can have a huge impact on his overall expression. If you are noticing any of the common concerns described below, keep calm (and please don’t wrinkle your forehead). We can perform simple treatments that will help return a look of youth and vigor–with short office visits and limited or no recovery time.
Droopy Brows and Eyelids: Excessive movement of the muscles surrounding the brow and particularly, issues involving the levator muscle (this elevates the upper lid), can cause your eyebrow to lose its natural arch. Botox, Dysport or Thermage/Thermal Lift can raise the brows to a more youthful position.
Crow’s Feet: These fine lines, which begin at the outer corner of the eyes and fan out, sometimes to the hairline, tend to make eyes appear squinty and aged. They are inevitable, since they are caused by the natural movement of the face, but they don’t have to be permanent. Botox or Dysport injections are the speedy solution for smoothing out lines and wrinkles.
Under-eye Bulging: When fat redistributes from the eye socket to the area underneath the lower eyelid, you will see sacks and bulging. This is a common sign of aging. To reduce the puffiness, we can use Thermage/Thermal Lift and help refresh and revive your appearance.
Sunken Tear Troughs: As you age, you may experience hollowing of the tear troughs on either side of your nose, just below the bridge and lower eyelid. Sometimes, these sunken spaces can extend as far down as the cheek. With hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm or Belotero, we can fill the troughs and restore the vitality of the eye area.
Dark Circles: When puffiness occurs right under the lower eyelid and is combined with the hollowing of the tear trough, shadows form. These are what we see as dark circles. Even if you don’t feel tired, you will look as if you are. Restylane, Juvederm, Perlane or Belotero can help diminish the darkness, leaving you looking more rested and energetic.
Whatever you see in the mirror, we can certainly help you feel better about it. Whether with hyaluronic acid fillers that plump and add firmness or injectables that smooth fine lines and wrinkles, we can devise a quick and easy plan for you this summer.
See you soon.
When you meet someone for the first time, you likely notice his eyes before any other facial feature. They create expression, they show emotion, and they can captivate.
Their constant movement, though, can easily damage the skin around the eyes, which is our body’s most delicate. Not only does normal smiling, laughing, frowning and squinting tax the skin; we add to the stress by manipulating it throughout the day. We rub the skin when we are sleepy or itchy, tug it to remove makeup and pull it to insert and take out contact lenses. Add the natural slowing of collagen production that comes with aging, and it is inevitable that fine lines, deep wrinkles and sagging will occur.
If I had to choose a feature whose maintenance was critical for looking young and rested, I would definitely select the eyes. There are several measures that you can take to keep your eyes looking beautiful, as well as simple procedures that we can perform in the office.
What You Can Do:
- Hydrate–Water keeps skin elastic, so drink as many glasses as you can each day. Alcohol has the reverse effect, so limit your intake for the prettiest skin.
- Protect Yourself from the Sun–Ultraviolet rays cause 90 percent of our skin’s aging. So, wear a hat and sunglasses (so that you squint less), stay out of the sun and go overboard with sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher), even when you are in the shade.
- Avoid Smoking–Not only is cigarette smoking a cancer risk, nicotine will damage your body’s ability to produce collagen and constrict the blood vessels under the eyes and in the face.
What We Can Do:
To enhance the youthful appearance of your eye area, we can do a few cosmetic quick fixes.
- With Botox or Dysport, we can relax the muscles that cause crow’s feet and other wrinkles around the eyes.
- With Restylane, Juvederm or Belotero, we can fill in the sunken troughs that hollow the eyes and create dark circles.
- With Thermage CPT or Exilis Elite, we can lift the hooded eyelid or brow.
- With Fraxel Repair, we can tighten the skin under the eyes and lift drooping eyelids.
Call our office today to schedule a personalized consultation for all of your anti-aging needs.
Prolonged exposure to the sun can cause early wrinkling and brown spots, and puts you at risk for skin cancer. While most of us enjoy being outside in the summer, not many of us really want to have old-looking skin, or illness. Staying safe while spending time in the sun is an easy thing to do. It may just require a little extra awareness and preparation on your part. Remember, tanned skin is damaged skin…and who wants that.
Here are some simple ways to protect your skin and keep you looking young, beautiful and healthy, particularly when the ultraviolet rays are at their most dangerous.
- Stay indoors between 10am and 3pm, when the burning rays of the sun are at their height. There are two types: UVA rays cause aging and wrinkles and contribute to skin cancer. UVB rays cause sunburn and skin cancer.
- Go nowhere without sunscreen:
- More is better, so don’t scrimp. Make sure that it has a SPF of 30 or higher and it says “broad spectrum” on the label, which means that it will handle both UVA and UVB rays. Also, be sure that it is water-resistant, and that you apply it all over your body 15 to 30 minutes before leaving the house.
- Use sunscreen even when it is cloudy outside, when you are driving in a car and inside a window. UVA rays penetrate clouds, glass and water, so when you’re swimming, make sure to apply plenty of waterproof sunscreen.
- If you wear foundation, apply the sunscreen first and let it absorb before continuing with your makeup.
- Don’t forget the lip balm. SPF 15 or more is best.
- And, don’t forget the tops of your ears, hairline, the “V” of your chest, nose, hands and tops of your feet. Eighty percent of skin cancer occurs on the head, neck and hands.
- Wear protective clothing, including hats, sleeves and sunglasses. Dark, tightly woven fabrics provide more protection than lightly colored ones.
- Be aware that umbrellas and shade trees do only so much. They give moderate protection from ultraviolet light, and they don’t protect you from light that is reflected off of sand, snow, concrete and other surfaces.
- Avoid tanning oils. These essentially cook your skin.
- Be conscious of your medications. Certain medicines can make your skin extra sensitive to sun exposure, including tetracycline, diuretics and even herbal formulations such as St. John’s Wort.
Also…a reminder this week…we are offering an upcoming liposuction special, so be sure to call our office for details.
See you soon.